Senioritis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amlope03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for current pt students: what happens if your GPA drops during your senior year (say after you've already been accepted)?

I'm not saying I am intentionally doing this, but it may happen. I'm currently applying to pt schools with a 3.93 GPA but I've got senioritis BAD. I work two jobs (24 hours a week), am part of a research study, and I'm using my little free time to send applications.

Would schools understand if my GPA went down a little during this last year, or is that a big no-no? (Note: I've already taken biology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, and physics)

Members don't see this ad.

If you're already accepted, schools won't care as long as you maintain the minimum GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
If it's an unconditional acceptance, then it's no problem. Make sure it's not a conditional offer, in which case you might want to maintain your GPA and stop working so much.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If it's an unconditional acceptance, then it's no problem. Make sure it's not a conditional offer, in which case you might want to maintain your GPA and stop working so much.

Do they give unconditional offers to students who are still finishing their bachelor's degree?

Also, what if I have to work? The only way I'm able to afford applications, travel for interviews, and the [hopefully] deposit is through work. (My scholarship only covers enough for room and board, everything else I have to pay for myself).

Last edited:
Do they give unconditional offers to students who are still finishing their bachelor's degree?

Also, what if I have to work? The only way I'm able to afford applications, travel for interviews, and the [hopefully] deposit is through work. (My scholarship only covers enough for room and board, everything else I have to pay for myself).

Most schools give a contingent acceptance if you are still working towards some classes needed for the program or if you are still completing your bachelor's degree, as this is a requirement for any program. When I was accepted I had Chem 2, Physics 1 and 2 still to take so my acceptance was contingent that I got at least a "C" in them. If there is a minimum GPA for the school I would assume you would have to maintain at least that as well as all other MINIMUMS required for applications/acceptance.

As for "having" to work....the PT school really does not care what other obligations you have, sorry if that is blunt but we all have to do what we need to do to be successful. Unfortunately PT school is super competitive and if you can't meet/maintain the minimums someone else can and then could take your spot. As for needing additional money maybe there is an option for an additional loan if you have not used them all for your undergrad yet.

They do, but maybe not in your case. Is yours a conditional offer? Read the offer again. Usually the requirements aren't that high, maybe just all B's and C's in remaining classes, but usually not A's.

Work as many hours as you need. You can work and still maintain a good GPA, but it's going to require some endurance and sacrifice. It's not forever.

Reactions: 1 user