Senioritis ... I'm supposed to suffer but..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cookie Monster

monster member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any other seniors have this problem? I am almost done with undergrad, going to med school in the fall, I don't want to care about grades anymore, but I just can't stop! I'm giving it all I've got. Being a slacker is very difficult to learn, I mean I watch the people around me and try to copy their moves, but some how my books seem to open all on their own and my feet drag to me to the library or open lab even as I tell them "the bars are that way!" I will keep trying and hopefully get it by the end of the quarter just in time for finals....

Please let me know if anybody has found a way to definitely contract this illness!!!

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Im a senior here too. From my experience for what you can do to become a slacker is to play online games (fps). Every night when I get home (like at 10ish) I hop onto the computer and play until 2-3am. Next morning I have to wake up at 7 and come to school all groggy.

It makes you warn down, then you can become a slacker like me (although I never make any grades worst than a B).

:p

seems like you've just recently logged onto SDN. once that addiction sets in, you'll be good to go :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a senior also, but really not having the problem with being a slacker. Which I'm really not taking the hard of classes, just electives (you know the ones that will help you in med. school, like cooking, food and beverage, and fly fishing). The one thing I've found to be a truly good slacker is to surround yourself with slackers, they help you not study...because they are always wanting to go out.

I'm a SLACKER with a capital S!!!!!

be proud of who you are.
why go looking for bad habits anyway?

i was a total slacker my first year of undergrad- sleep 4am wake-up at 2pm.
it took me a while before i straighted out...would not recomend my past lifestyle to anyone aspiring to be a physician.

be well.

my advice to you..... (and I think most other med students would agree)

even if you can't slack..... sleep and enjoy it (it won't be like this soon) :p

I tried slacking my senior year. It only lasted two quarters and I was taking 22 units and an EMT course, but I just decided that class wasn't as good as reading the book, so I stayed home, slept, and read. All turned out well, thankfully. Wish I would have taken some electives like hossofadoc!!