Sending Updated Transcripts to Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcs1225

Reaction score
I submitted my PTCAS academic update and arranged for my fall 2019 transcript to be sent electronically to PTCAS. I'm waiting to hear back from two schools that I interviewed with about a week ago. Should I send my transcripts directly to both of the schools? Or do they not even want them unless I get accepted into their program?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my PTCAS academic update and arranged for my fall 2019 transcript to be sent electronically to PTCAS. I'm waiting to hear back from two schools that I interviewed with about a week ago. Should I send my transcripts directly to both of the schools? Or do they not even want them unless I get accepted into their program?
Did you end up submitting official/unofficial transcripts to those schools?

I know one I applied to requested I send it directly to them, but I felt odd doing that (and I didn’t want to spend more money) so I sent it to PTCAS and let them know it was being sent there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I waited 5 weeks for PTCAS to verify my transcripts for fall '19 classes, only for them to tell me that I needed to send them a transcript from another school that I didn't take any relevant classes for PT school (ok, fair). I emailed them two weeks after they processed the first transcript - no response. Then waited another 3 weeks and got the above response.

Knowing that they might take another two weeks to process this latest transcript, should I send unofficial transcripts to the schools who I assume are waiting for my fall '19 grades? I took three science major prereqs fall '19. Since I haven't had any rejections, I'm assuming those programs are waiting for the academic update to get sent to them, but I'm done relying on the faulty service. Thoughts?

I know one I applied to requested I send it directly to them, but I felt odd doing that (and I didn’t want to spend more money) so I sent it to PTCAS and let them know it was being sent there.

I would do as they ask, they seem to be very stringent on passing through all the hoops and if they didn't get sent an updated version directly when their policy is to receive one, it might danger your application. Grad school is pricey, Transcripts only cost like 3$ which is cheap in comparison. Just pay for it.

I would do as they ask, they seem to be very stringent on passing through all the hoops and if they didn't get sent an updated version directly when their policy is to receive one, it might danger your application. Grad school is pricey, Transcripts only cost like 3$ which is cheap in comparison. Just pay for it.
Where are you that they’re $3? Mine are $10 a piece, both from my undergrad and the cc where I’m retaking prereqs

Where are you that they’re $3? Mine are $10 a piece, both from my undergrad and the cc where I’m retaking prereqs

Sonoma State University in California. They are about 2.55 for a PDF transcript and 5-6$ for snail mail. Didn't realize they could get upwards of 10$.

Sonoma State University in California. They are about 2.55 for a PDF transcript and 5-6$ for snail mail. Didn't realize they could get upwards of 10$.
Haha yeah mine are $10 for email and $12 for snail. But you’re right, I just sucked it up and sent it anyway. It’s just frustrating because I applied to so many schools, if everyone required it sent personally in addition to PTCAS I’d be spending $300+ just on transcripts.

Did you end up submitting official/unofficial transcripts to those schools?
I emailed admissions for both of the schools asking if they wanted my transcripts to be sent to them and they both said not to worry about sending them to them separately unless I was offered a spot in their class or on their waitlist.