Semester Long Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BalboaInTraining

Reaction score
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for temporary/semester long jobs/internships for next semester? I have been fortunate enough to be accepted into medical school to start in 2019 but am graduating this December with a degree in Biomedical Engineering. So I don't necessarily need anything for my resume but would love a job in the health care field, although I am open to anything. Thanks for all the help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for temporary/semester long jobs/internships for next semester? I have been fortunate enough to be accepted into medical school to start in 2019 but am graduating this December with a degree in Biomedical Engineering. So I don't necessarily need anything for my resume but would love a job in the health care field, although I am open to anything. Thanks for all the help in advance!
I'm starting work as a Kaplan MCAT/SAT/ACT tutor mostly because they pay like 22/hour. Pretty flexible in terms of what class times you want to choose. I think you need 90+ percentile on each exam in order to start with them

You could also work as a scribe and see if anyone local will take you on for only 6-7 months, but they make pretty bad pay (10/hour).

Anything that requires a certification is probably not worth it which puts you out of the running for something like CNA/MA/EMT unless you already have a cert.

Otherwise, I would just suggest working retail/service and try to get the most money possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to play devil's advocate here, have you considered doing something not related to healthcare before starting school? You will have quite literally the rest of your life to devote to healthcare, I don't see any shame in pursuing something more eccentric for 7 months. Might give you some interesting experiences.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk