Seeking advise from University of the Philippines' Grads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhilAm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would love to talk to any UP graduates, especially those who have made it over to the states. I'm a US citizen born, raised and educated in the States but currently find myself starting my first year at UP. However, I found out after my arrival here that I was accepted to the Big 3 Caribbean schools which allow you to do clinical rotations in the US. So I am here seeking anyone's advise on the difficulties of making the transition to the US. ( I know that since I am a citizen already that I should have no problem) I'm talking more specifically about the available specialites that UP graduates are practicing and the routes they got them there. What universities and hospitals did one find residency in? Did you take the board exams after graduation, how well did UP prepare you, and did you have to wait to match for residency in the US? Your thoughts and advise on the matter will be much appreciated. Thanks

PhilAM

Members don't see this ad.

PhilAm said:
Hello,

I would love to talk to any UP graduates, especially those who have made it over to the states. I'm a US citizen born, raised and educated in the States but currently find myself starting my first year at UP. However, I found out after my arrival here that I was accepted to the Big 3 Caribbean schools which allow you to do clinical rotations in the US. So I am here seeking anyone's advise on the difficulties of making the transition to the US. ( I know that since I am a citizen already that I should have no problem) I'm talking more specifically about the available specialites that UP graduates are practicing and the routes they got them there. What universities and hospitals did one find residency in? Did you take the board exams after graduation, how well did UP prepare you, and did you have to wait to match for residency in the US? Your thoughts and advise on the matter will be much appreciated. Thanks

PhilAM

Pls see my PM