Seeking a pathological liar to tell me i will still make it with step 1 score of 203.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctakay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have nothing nice to say please do not reply and stay away from me. Im depressed af. Studied 15 months for step 1 for a mofo 203. I need someone to effin tell me to keep going. Tell me theres hope, its not the end of the world. Try and do better on step 2. Residency is just connections and what you put in to it. There has to be a nice, kind, empathetic, passionate human being in this world of madness and misery. Im a US IMG seeking effin FM,IM or ER i dont care. Just somebody lie to ke and give me hope. Seeking any smart pathological liar to keep me going. I have not began 3rd year yet kinda bipolar about starting rotations with such a crappy score. Prior to med skool i was an ER tech for 3 years. Also volunteer as of today in the hospital by my house where i work with a program director at the ER in effort of putting a face on my residency app . Somebody please tell me its POSSIBLE AND WILL HAPPEN KEEP GOING!!!

Members don't see this ad.

57% of FM PDs require just a passing score so I guess you still have a chance.
Screenshot_20170203-085624.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Something tells me thats soley for American Medical Graduates...but im going to live in bliss and accept it. Thank you man. I sincerely hope you excel in whatever field you are in or going into. I appreciate the time and energy you put in to help a stranger.

View attachment 214229
View attachment 214229

Actually it's for applicants, this is from a survey conducted by NRMP about the criteria PDs consider whether to send interviews or reject the applicant.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Do well on Step 2. Like commit yourself entirely.

Apply for FM or IM, at lowly ranked or undesirably located programs. Do multiple SubIs at these places. Get good LORs etc.

You should be able to land on your feet.

You wanna hear the truth?
I know you don't..
But I'm still gonna tell you the truth.
& I'm not going to sugar coat it!

You won't get the residency just because you got 203 or whatever...
you're only going to get it if you BELIEVE that you CAN get it. Period.
Because if you believe you can get it one day, you'll go to all lengths to find it. And that's how you'll get it. Simple :)

Thank you,thats legit enough for me :highfive:
Actually it's for applicants, this is from a survey conducted by NRMP about the criteria PDs consider whether to send interviews or reject the applicant.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks alot man. I needed that. You da bomb homie g. Ima just keep pushing

I know you don't..

Because if you believe you can get it one day, you'll go to all lengths to find it. And that's how you'll get it. Simple :)

I know you don't..

I love you:biglove::love::soexcited::clap::claps::banana::rofl::zip::beat: