"Secret" Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albertoss

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I paid $18 for them off fleabay, and they're so full of errors (every type imaginable... spelling, grammar, and MOST importantly - CONTENT) that I've spent the last 2 days listening to the audio lectures myself and fixing all the mistakes...

(To be specific, content-wise it's mostly arrows going the wrong direction... looks like the seller decided to cut and paste from PDF into a word processing program without bothering to double-check. E.g. Cl- is increased in CSF vs. plasma, at least I think/hope. And vague abbreviations... anyone care to guess what "MP" or "HT" or "HSM" stand for?)

I'm not ripping on the original author, as it's definitely a good starting point. But just my personal recommendation - if you do buy them, be sure to cross-reference everything!

Members don't see this ad.

I paid $18 for them off fleabay, and they're so full of errors (every type imaginable... spelling, grammar, and MOST importantly - CONTENT) that I've spent the last 2 days listening to the audio lectures myself and fixing all the mistakes...

(To be specific, content-wise it's mostly arrows going the wrong direction... looks like the seller decided to cut and paste from PDF into a word processing program without bothering to double-check. E.g. Cl- is increased in CSF vs. plasma, at least I think/hope. And vague abbreviations... anyone care to guess what "MP" or "HT" or "HSM" stand for?)

I'm not ripping on the original author, as it's definitely a good starting point. But just my personal recommendation - if you do buy them, be sure to cross-reference everything!

damn that sucks i have those notes too but not the time to cross reference them......hopefully i can cath the msitakes myself!

Sorry about the transcript, that sucks! If it's any help at all, I learned last week that "HSM" is an abbreviation for "hepatosplenomegaly" from another source. Not sure if that makes sense in context, but maybe it'll help a little. Good luck w/ your studying!!!!

I liked the transcript, but you can tell it was written by someone who sturggles with english.

The first lecture has "the kent nerve" and it is very obvious that it should say "tenth nerve" It is obvious from this situation that the person doesn't really know their stuff, but 98% of it is bang on. So I don't know what happened with the kent nerve. If I had to do it agian, I would do the same thing, it saved me so much time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got it, and its almost impossible to use unless you've heard the audio a couple times.

I like it because it's a quick read, but he leaves out a lot of the pearls of integration that goljan puts in througout only getting to the meat of the subject.

That's good, but the best part about goljan is the misc rant about all the different clotting factors and PT times associated in the middle of his hematology lecture.

Plus it's missing renal/male GU. But, I think it was worth the money, although I would have paid 2x for someone to just get every word goljan says in a word file and have the verbatim transcript.

Plus it's missing renal/male GU.

I'm transcribing them tonight. PM me your e-mail address is you want me to send them to you when I'm done (either late tonight or tomorrow AM).

I refuse to take advantage of fellow med students and "sell" them on fleabay, so my only request is that you don't do it either.

as an aside,

is it me or does goljan's repro lecture suck ballz? i feel like it's missing a lot of crap. maybe i'm just missing a lecture or something (i have 37 lectures). he also said an osteochondroma is an outgrowth of cartilage with a cap of bone, lol. im really sick of this guy right now (i listened to all his lectures in 5 days). so happy to be done. i gotta say though, there are a good amount of questions i answer on usmleworld/qbank that are because of him.