Secondaries--the saga continues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JonnieQuest

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling really behind but is anyone who took the April MCAT (or before) still doing the last of their secondaries. Why are these last five taking me forever??? I think I just need someone to commiserate with me...I'm feeling like the last person on Planet Earth to turn in these darn secondaries!

Members don't see this ad.

I know what you are talking about! I went through the same thing. I send my AMCAS to 10 schools but I only turned in seven secondaries. After seven, I wasn't sick of doing secondaries so decided not to turn in the other three. Hopefully this wasn't a mistake and I will get accepted to one of the seven schools I applied to.

Well I applied to 30 schools, and I am down to my last handful of secondaries. I totally understand how hard it is to muster up the motiviation to finish the last few. I think what got me to finish the three I just sent in was receiving my first interviews. I thought "wow, getting an interview is fun, I'm gonna finish my secondaries!" But that didn't last long, now I'm bored with it again! Just keep it up, reward yourself with chocolate or a beer, you just have to push through the last few, and you're done! You can do it!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're not alone! Pat pat pat. (That was sincere.)

I actually have my last 5 left, too. I've completed my secondaries for almost a dozen other schools, but this last batch is killer.

Plus, I freaked out today and submitted my AMCAS again for 2 more. I expect to get those other secondaries in the next week. What the hell, I thought.

My smattering of MS1/MS2 friends and someone I know with admissions experience all keep telling me to chill (easy for them to say now). A friend at Hopkins knew people who completed their apps in December and still got into top schools. I'm not entirely convinced, but I might as well throw that out there. So, keep working on what you have and pray.

I registered a name on SDN for the express purpose of asking this question. I've been knocking them down one by one all week. 9 down, and most of 4 to go. A lot of those 9 still haven't been sent though, cause I need like 50 passport sized photos, and I've been to lazy to get that done.

I hope this makes you feel better.

the desire to get these last few done should motivate you to finish strong.
like a runner who sees the finish line........gonna sprint the last 100m.

thats the mentality i had to finish up my 40 secondaries. it feels good when you are done man. just work it.

i was moving along at a snail's pace of one secondary a week, but i'm now up to something like one secondary every 1.5-2 weeks. at this point, i wonder if it's even worth it to apply to schools with rolling admissions (ie, pritzker). dude, these last few are killers...

*kicking myself*

Moving right along....

I wonder how I was able to do this before, but I think I was pushing deadlines waaay too much last time (which is probably why I only got one interview)

Now I'm trying to get back into the game. Tell me this...how the heck do you get through the secondaries quickly with 6-7 in-depth questions (e.g. Pritzker and Tulane)? I say just go from my gut, do it, send it, like Emeril..BAM!

But how do u do that without sounding hokey in all the answers...I don't wanna put the AdComs to sleep....

**sigh** Ok, back to the grindstone...

i still have one secondary left...received it mid july and still didn't start...i'm debating whether to even do it or not since im' so lazy

I'm with you. I completed most of my secondaries by mid-September, two more to go...I'm a bit concerned that I haven't yet heard from the schools where my apps are complete...it has been almost a month for some. Is it taking this long for anyone else???

I applied to 19 schools and I have only completed and sent 6 so far, so I don't want to hear any whining about 1 or 2 left. I have a long road ahead in the next few weeks. This week I also have 3 tests, 1 quiz and 1 spanish presentation.

I keep telling myself that I must keep going. Between delivering LOR envelopes to profs, gettin money orders, pictures, and going to post office to mail, I have zero time for girlfriend. I also work 30 hrs/week. On top of all this, last night my mom asked me why I never come home anymore!!!! I was like WTF. I think I might be insane for even trying to do this. Sometimes I think I don't even have time to breathe!! I need some motivation...someone.......anyone.....are you out there?

I'm dyin here...

Cmudan