Secondaries that are Already Out ('07)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ight, stop what you're doin', 'cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that you're used to...

Members don't see this ad.

danjo said:
Ah ight, stop what you're doin', 'cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that you're used to...
snap!

did you get drexel yet? i still haven't heard anything :(
maybe they send MD/PhD stuff separately. that's what I'm hoping at least. *sigh*

should I contact Albany about not having the secondary yet? Anyone else still waiting...?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

So I finally got the balls to call some of these places, since it has been over a month since I sent in secondaries and I still hadn't received a completion notice.

1)GW said I had been complete for 2 weeks now, they just never sent me an email (wonderful)
2)NYU didn't recognize Rice's format for committee evaluations, and so they were waiting on a third, not existent lor. After talking to them, they accepted my current letters (good, cuz I was not going to get another one).

Now, I'm not encouraging you to call every med school if you haven't received a notice 2 days after sending in your secondaries, BUT I have been waiting for a month now on some of these schools. I guess it may pay to follow up if something seems strange. Had I not called NYU, I could have been waiting until the final turn-in deadline, and ultimately thrown myself off a cliff once realizing my (or their) mistake. After talking to most of these places, I'd say give it a good two week buffer after they have received your secondary before you start wondering. Oh yeah, and my school uses virtual eval.

MiesVanDerMom said:
should I contact Albany about not having the secondary yet? Anyone else still waiting...?

I'm still waiting on Albany too. It's the only school I'm waiting on (besides all of the UC's).

diegot505 said:
Hey guys,

So I finally got the balls to call some of these places, since it has been over a month since I sent in secondaries and I still hadn't received a completion notice.

1)GW said I had been complete for 2 weeks now, they just never sent me an email (wonderful)
2)NYU didn't recognize Rice's format for committee evaluations, and so they were waiting on a third, not existent lor. After talking to them, they accepted my current letters (good, cuz I was not going to get another one).

Now, I'm not encouraging you to call every med school if you haven't received a notice 2 days after sending in your secondaries, BUT I have been waiting for a month now on some of these schools. I guess it may pay to follow up if something seems strange. Had I not called NYU, I could have been waiting until the final turn-in deadline, and ultimately thrown myself off a cliff once realizing my (or their) mistake. After talking to most of these places, I'd say give it a good two week buffer after they have received your secondary before you start wondering. Oh yeah, and my school uses virtual eval.
good initiative! :thumbup:

Well, since Emory and Drexel came out yesterday, I think I'm going to unsubscribe to this forum. Thanks everyone for all the info!!! Sadly, good things sometimes come to an end.

MiesVanDerMom said:
im still w/o it too

BILAL said:
im still w/o it too

i emailed them and they claimed to have sent it to me weeks ago. you better email/call them. you need the pin...

MiesVanDerMom said:
i emailed them and they claimed to have sent it to me weeks ago. you better email/call them. you need the pin...

I had the same problem here, and got the same response after I emailed them today. (I decided to follow your lead Mies)

Slackenerny said:
I had the same problem here, and got the same response after I emailed them today. (I decided to follow your lead Mies)
I have nothing to add to this thread, except that I saw your username, and I just wanted to tell you :thumbup: Are you a grad student?

scentimint said:
snap!

did you get drexel yet? i still haven't heard anything :(
maybe they send MD/PhD stuff separately. that's what I'm hoping at least. *sigh*

Hey toots! Dig the new avatar! No more fruit?

I'm actually not applying to Drexel b/c my wife will not be able to go to Philadelphia after she finishes residency. Best of luck to you though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey kids!
Hi from the Caribbean Sea! I am on a boat headed towards Cozumel...I'll be back on Monday (21st) more frequently. Just checkin' in from the internet cafe...waiting to have some serious dinner on this thing... :)

No news from schools for me...I will have to do Drexel, Albany and U Toledo when I get back!!

Love and stuff,
Jackie

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey kids!
Hi from the Caribbean Sea! I am on a boat headed towards Cozumel...I'll be back on Monday (21st) more frequently. Just checkin' in from the internet cafe...waiting to have some serious dinner on this thing... :)

No news from schools for me...I will have to do Drexel, Albany and U Toledo when I get back!!

Love and stuff,
Jackie

I still can't believe you went on this trip without me Jackie! Honestly, who leaves their cabana boy behind on something like this?

Can somebody please clue me in? Really, people. Throw me a frickin' bone here!

danjo said:
I still can't believe you went on this trip without me Jackie! Honestly, who leaves their cabana boy behind on something like this?

Can somebody please clue me in? Really, people. Throw me a frickin' bone here!

Well, frankly dear, it's because your pina colada running skills and your email returning skills are simply not what they used to be. :eek:

jackieMD2007 said:
Well, frankly dear, it's because your pina colada running skills and your email returning skills are simply not what they used to be. :eek:

Low blow! In the midst of my peak season at work too! :thumbdown:

danjo said:
Low blow! In the midst of my peak season at work too! :thumbdown:

Baby, you know I've got nothin' but love for your sexy self. I just miss you! :D

And, no one works harder than you. But your pina colada skills do need some work. I think you have the mai tai down, though. :thumbup:

jackieMD2007 said:
Baby, you know I've got nothin' but love for your sexy self. I just miss you! :D

And, no one works harder than you. But your pina colada skills do need some work. I think you have the mai tai down, though. :thumbup:

Check your e-mail love!

its really, really bugging me that i havent received drexel yet... :mad:

QofQuimica said:
I have nothing to add to this thread, except that I saw your username, and I just wanted to tell you :thumbup: Are you a grad student?

Haha yes I was going for my Ph.D. in physics and switched to the pre-med track after my life resembeled the comic strip a bit too much for my liking. I stopped with my master's degree so I didn't completely transition into Slackenerny. Still, he's my grad school hero. :cool:

Slackenerny said:
Haha yes I was going for my Ph.D. in physics and switched to the pre-med track after my life resembeled the comic strip a bit too much for my liking. I stopped with my master's degree so I didn't completely transition into Slackenerny. Still, he's my grad school hero. :cool:
Nine year BA to PhD trip here....I think even Slack beat me. :)

QofQuimica said:
Nine year BA to PhD trip here....I think even Slack beat me. :)

Well then I guess then you're my new hero! (Do I need to put in for a name change?) :)

Slackenerny said:
Well then I guess then you're my new hero! (Do I need to put in for a name change?) :)
Nah, I only went full-time for about seven years and I have a separate MS, so it isn't so bad. I know of one guy who went full-time in the same lab for ten years before finally graduating. :eek:

MiesVanDerMom said:
ok thanks, ill call them

QofQuimica said:
Nah, I only went full-time for about seven years and I have a separate MS, so it isn't so bad. I know of one guy who went full-time in the same lab for ten years before finally graduating. :eek:

I also knew someone who made it to the decade club. For me, I managed to drag my master's degree out an extra year - stupid qualifier test!!!!! (If people think adcoms are shady, I'd love to know how they'd view the cloak and dagger techniques grad schools use in grading qualifier tests and in selecting who gets continued funding.)

But, on a more positive note, I'm pumped that someone in the SDN community gets my name! Woohoo!

i submitted amcas on 7/26...and i havent gotten any secondary invites. im an illinois resident and applied to all illinois schools plus more. from what i heard, people got U of C's secondary invite right after submitting amcas. im still not verified yet so should i start callin these schools or what?? thanks.

Slackenerny said:
I also knew someone who made it to the decade club. For me, I managed to drag my master's degree out an extra year - stupid qualifier test!!!!! (If people think adcoms are shady, I'd love to know how they'd view the cloak and dagger techniques grad schools use in grading qualifier tests and in selecting who gets continued funding.)

But, on a more positive note, I'm pumped that someone in the SDN community gets my name! Woohoo!
It's definitely a physical science grad student thing (chemist here), even though not all of the characters are physical science people. The guy who first showed me the PhD site was a former physics major who defected to chem. :) He's still in grad school as we speak....

danjo said:
Hey toots! Dig the new avatar! No more fruit?

I'm actually not applying to Drexel b/c my wife will not be able to go to Philadelphia after she finishes residency. Best of luck to you though!
oh, silly me, for some reason i thought you were applying there as well.

anywho, i really need to get some more secondaries out. people who got verified way later than me have more secondaries submitted than i do. :p

anyone STILL waiting for drexel or am i the only one left?

Erina said:

Nope not the only one.

I'm still Drexelless :mad:

ClosetNerd said:
Nope not the only one.

I'm still Drexelless :p
ah good. i mean, not good, since we don't have it. but good that we're in this together!

FullTiltMD said:
i submitted amcas on 7/26...and i havent gotten any secondary invites. im an illinois resident and applied to all illinois schools plus more. from what i heard, people got U of C's secondary invite right after submitting amcas. im still not verified yet so should i start callin these schools or what?? thanks.

wait until you are verified. then secondaries start coming in.

Erina said:
Me too! So it looks like there are plenty of us.

MiesVanDerMom said:
Yup supposedly they sent me an email 8/4, but i dont even have a junk filter, figures, thanks for the heads up!

BILAL said:
Yup supposedly they sent me an email 8/4, but i dont even have a junk filter, figures, thanks for the heads up!

they said they sent me an email on 8/4 but i never received one. and it's not in my spam folder. weird.

UCLA/Geffen is now the worst application out there. Total of nine essays.

zach1201 said:
UCLA/Geffen is now the worst application out there. Total of nine essays.

Crikey! Still waiting on Duke though!

Hey kids...I have Drexel, Albany and University of Toledo (Med Coll Ohio?) to do when I get home. Am I late?? Just kidding.

D, check your email, re: Man Overboard. :laugh:

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey kids...I have Drexel, Albany and University of Toledo (Med Coll Ohio?) to do when I get home. Am I late?? Just kidding.

Jackie the savior! Got the e-mail - responded quickly to try to catch you!

Dear Duke and U Alabama,

Please make your secondaries available in the very near future. I want to put this exciting essay writing phase of the application process far, far behind me. I'm so close! I just need you guys to give me a web form with character limits. Is that so hard? Thanks!

Sincerely,
MSTP?

Is anyone complete at Tufts yet? Everything is there except my LOR's, which were sent on 7/31. When I emailed to ask the admissions dept if they were there but not input in the computer, they told me that they wouldn't update my LOR's until they begin reviewing applications. I'm worried my LOR's aren't there. Is anyone already complete at Tufts?? Or at least does anyone's LOR's come up as received??

tangledupinblue said:
Is anyone complete at Tufts yet? Everything is there except my LOR's, which were sent on 7/31. When I emailed to ask the admissions dept if they were there but not input in the computer, they told me that they wouldn't update my LOR's until they begin reviewing applications. I'm worried my LOR's aren't there. Is anyone already complete at Tufts?? Or at least does anyone's LOR's come up as received??
No one's LORs have been look at yet. They still are finalizing this year's class. My LORs were transmitted through Virtualevals in early, so they are on the system, but haven't been downloaded by Tufts.

E-mail invites to secondary: :hardy:
AECOM (Albert Einstein)
Albany
Baylor
Boston University
Brown (also via snail mail)
Case Western
Columbia
Cornell Weill School of Medicine
Drexel
East Carolina University
East Tennessee State University (a screener)
East Virginia Medical School (A Screener)
Emory
Georgetown
George Washington
Harvard
Jefferson
Loma Linda University
Louisana State University (LSU)
Mayo Medical School ($75--and they'll review you.)
Medical College of Georgia (MCG)
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) [No Essays]
Meharry Medical College
Morehouse School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York Medical College [No Essays]
New York University
Northeastern Ohio U COM
Northwestern
Ohio State University (OSU)
Pennsylvania State University (Penn State)
Rosalind Franklin University
Robert Wood Johnson (UMDNJ-RWJ)
Rush Medical College (RMS)
Saint Louis University
Stanford
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stonybrook
SUNY Upstate
Temple University
Tufts
Uniformed Services University (USUHS)
University of Arkansas (UAMS)
University of California, Davis (A Screener)
University of California, Irvine (A Screener)
University of California, San Diego (A Screener, OOS'ers getting it too!)
University of California, San Francisco (A screener)
University of Southern California (Keck)
University of Cincinnati
University of Chicago
University of Colorado
University of Florida
University of Illinois (UIC)
University of Iowa (screens. Regular mail w/password, etc)
University of Kansas
University of Kentucky (screens OOS)
University of Louisville (A Screener, getting through as of 7/17)
University of Maryland
University of Massachusetts
University of Miami (A Screener but as of 6/30, SDN'ers getting through!)
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota--Duluth
University of Minnesota--Twin Cities
University of Missouri, Columbia
University of Nebraska
University of New Mexico (do we have confirmation?)
University of North Carolina (A Screener. People screening through 7/27)
University of Oklahoma (no real secondary. just an invite to send $$$)
University of Pennsylvania [no essays!]
University of Pittsburgh
University of Kentucky
University of South Florida
University of Tennessee-Memphis
University of Vermont (acknowledgment but now offering secondary)
University of Virginia
UMDNJ-NJMS
University of Washington (A Screener but as of 6-30, SDN'ers getting through!)
University of Wisconsin (Screens, but sending as of 7-11, *called them 7-25, OOS secondary's not sent yet*)
VCU (A Screener but as of 7-1, SDN'ers getting through!)
Wake Forest (A screener)
Washington University (St. Louis)
Wright State University (Boonshoft) [No Essays]
Yale

Snail Mail Invites to Secondary: :D
Dartmouth (also can print from their website)
Indiana University (no essays)
Johns Hopkins (In addition to the fact you can log on and do it)
Loyola University Chicago (A Screener)
Oregon Health and Science (A Screener)
University of Arizona (A Screener--only AZ res) [no essays]
University of Connecticut
University of Rochester
University of South Alabama (a screener, postmarked 25 Jul)
University of Virginia (In addition to the email)
Wayne State (screener--first one postmarked 7-25)

Secondaries available for viewing on Med School's website: :thumbup:
AECOM (Albert Einstein)
Baylor
Creighton
EVMS (East Virginia)
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins (Can log in with AMCAS ID and Apply Yourself ID)
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stony Brook
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Tulane
University of Cincinnati
University of California, Los Angeles (Go to site & Log in!)
University of Rochester
UT Southwestern
Yale
Medical University of South Carolina

Acknowledgements of Application/Screening via Email,
(But not a secondary invite, yet)
:luck:
Boston University (BU)
Southern Illinois University (SIU-A screener, only IL Res)
University of California, San Diego (sending out invites 7-18)
University of California, San Francisco (3-10 weeks for secondaries)
University of Florida
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin (sending out invites 7-11)
University of Miami (Sent out Invites 6-30, see above)
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
University of North Carolina (If instate, only interviewed applicants get secondaries; if OOS, then qualified applicants get secondary which will be reviewed before deciding on interview)
University of Rochester (Secondary available July 17)
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
University of Toledo (Email on 8-8)
University of Utah (2ndarys going out in August)
University of Vermont (Acknowledgement only)
Vanderbilt (Acknowledgement via email)
VCU (People started passing screens 7-1)
Wake Forest (Emails out 7-21)

Need Secondary Questions? Have Secondary Questions?
Got Interviews? Got Rejection Letters? Just Curious?
Dude, Where's my Verification?
Can I get a status check, pretty please?

does anyone know, for the albany interview, do they really make us talk about the topic we choose in the secondary?

jackieMD2007 said:

Is there a typable version of the MUO/UToledo/MCO secondary? Are there any kind souls out there willing to create a typable version? ;)

http://hsc.utoledo.edu/med/admissions/secondary.html

E-mail invites to secondary: :hardy:
AECOM (Albert Einstein)
Albany
Baylor
Boston University
Brown (also via snail mail)
Case Western
Columbia
Cornell Weill School of Medicine
Drexel
East Carolina University
East Tennessee State University (a screener)
East Virginia Medical School (A Screener)
Emory
Georgetown
George Washington
Harvard
Jefferson
Loma Linda University
Louisana State University (LSU)
Mayo Medical School ($75--and they'll review you.)
Medical College of Georgia (MCG)
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) [No Essays]
Meharry Medical College
Morehouse School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York Medical College [No Essays]
New York University
Northeastern Ohio U COM
Northwestern
Ohio State University (OSU)
Pennsylvania State University (Penn State)
Rosalind Franklin University
Robert Wood Johnson (UMDNJ-RWJ)
Rush Medical College (RMS)
Saint Louis University
Stanford
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stonybrook
SUNY Upstate
Temple University
Tufts
Uniformed Services University (USUHS)
University of Arkansas (UAMS)
University of California, Davis (A Screener)
University of California, San Diego (A Screener, OOS'ers getting it too!)
University of California, San Francisco (A screener)
University of Southern California (Keck)
University of Cincinnati
University of Chicago
University of Colorado
University of Florida
University of Illinois (UIC)
University of Iowa (screens. Regular mail w/password, etc)
University of Kansas
University of Kentucky (screens OOS)
University of Louisville (A Screener, getting through as of 7/17)
University of Maryland
University of Massachusetts
University of Miami (A Screener but as of 6/30, SDN'ers getting through!)
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota--Duluth
University of Minnesota--Twin Cities
University of Missouri, Columbia
University of Nebraska
University of New Mexico (do we have confirmation?)
University of North Carolina (A Screener. People screening through 7/27)
University of Oklahoma (no real secondary. just an invite to send $$$)
University of Pennsylvania [no essays!]
University of Pittsburgh
University of Kentucky
University of South Florida
University of Tennessee-Memphis
University of Utah (a screener)
University of Vermont (acknowledgment but now offering secondary)
University of Virginia
UMDNJ-NJMS
University of Washington (A Screener but as of 6-30, SDN'ers getting through!)
University of Wisconsin (Screens, but sending as of 7-11, *called them 7-25, OOS secondary's not sent yet*)
VCU (A Screener but as of 7-1, SDN'ers getting through!)
Wake Forest (A screener)
Wright State University (Boonshoft) [No Essays]
Yale

Snail Mail Invites to Secondary: :D
Dartmouth (also can print from their website)
Indiana University (no essays)
Johns Hopkins (In addition to the fact you can log on and do it)
Loyola University Chicago (A Screener)
Oregon Health and Science (A Screener)
University of Arizona (A Screener--only AZ res) [no essays]
University of Connecticut
University of Rochester
University of South Alabama (a screener, postmarked 25 Jul)
University of Virginia (In addition to the email)
Wayne State (screener--first one postmarked 7-25)

Secondaries available for viewing on Med School's website: :thumbup:
AECOM (Albert Einstein)
Baylor
Creighton
EVMS (East Virginia)
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins (Can log in with AMCAS ID and Apply Yourself ID)
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stony Brook
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Tulane
University of Cincinnati
University of California, Los Angeles (Go to site & Log in!)
University of Rochester
UT Southwestern
Yale
Medical University of South Carolina

Acknowledgements of Application/Screening via Email,
(But not a secondary invite, yet)
:luck:
Boston University (BU)
Southern Illinois University (SIU-A screener, only IL Res)
University of California, San Diego (sending out invites 7-18)
University of California, San Francisco (3-10 weeks for secondaries)
University of Florida
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin (sending out invites 7-11)
University of Miami (Sent out Invites 6-30, see above)
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
University of North Carolina (If instate, only interviewed applicants get secondaries; if OOS, then qualified applicants get secondary which will be reviewed before deciding on interview)
University of Rochester (Secondary available July 17)
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
University of Toledo (Email on 8-8)
University of Utah (2ndarys going out in August)
University of Vermont (Acknowledgement only)
Vanderbilt (Acknowledgement via email)
VCU (People started passing screens 7-1)
Wake Forest (Emails out 7-21)

Need Secondary Questions? Have Secondary Questions?
Got Interviews? Got Rejection Letters? Just Curious?
Dude, Where's my Verification?
Can I get a status check, pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies.