Second Bachelors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Best Option?

• Take FT classes and FT work next year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take FT work and save money for a year.

• Take FT work and save money until I'm an independent student.

• Take out loans any way you can to do FT classes and PT work.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Algophiliac

Someday...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I decide to do a second Bachelor's degree, what are my best options? I am still a dependent, so my max loan limit per year is much lower than I need to fund my degree. I also don't have a cosigner or any other sources of money, but a job.

Would I even be able to get federal loans as a dependent or independent without a co-signer, if I have no credit?

I want to add that with Option 1, I'd still be taking out federal loans for a dependent student only.

With option 2, still taking out federal loans second year as a dependent student only.

With option 3, no or minimal loans when I finally am an independent student and enroll, but can take out more loans if necessary so I won't have to work FT in college. Longest option!

With option 4, taking out private and federal loans as a dependent and working PT immediately.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear suggestions regarding this matter as well. Currently, my plan is to use federal aid to pay for tuition and private loans (either from a student credit union or Wells Fargo) for living expenses in addition to having a part-time job.