SDN User Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many own (not use regularly just own) a self-pleasuring device?

• Yes, I own a non-motorized self pleasuring device (aka a dildo).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I own a motorized self pleasuring device (aka a vibrator).

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes, I own both a dildo and a vibrator.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, I own an alternative device (such as a anal or clitoral stimulator, metallic balls etc).

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, but am considering a future purchase.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want honest responses from ladies (and brave guys) who own self-pleasuring devices.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
Where is your vote?

Im the pollster, I cant contaminate my objective data!

PS-if you dont care about being anonymous, feel free to post the exact model you use or an appropriate description of the device (e.g. does your vibrator also have a small pronged clitoral stimulator device as well?) and frequency of use.

Thanks. This will appear in the next issue of Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (where it is destined to be the highest impact factor article ever written in that p.o.s. journal).

bananaface said:
1) I want to know who here has metallic balls

2) I see a landslide coming (har har) for "non-motorized self pleasuring device" since hands fit into that category and you are letting the boys vote.

Actually there are ton of Asian sex devices available for people who want to think outside the box. Ben Wa balls, anal beads etc all rock. As a well trained health practitioner, I feel it is our responsibility to be aware of these and recommend them when clinically indicated.

I actually shouldve included an additional poll option allowing people to answer they dont use an external device but do use their hands. So, for the purposes of this poll please refrain from voting yes if you solely J.O. or otherwise rub your genitals solely with your hands or other bodyparts. This would include those limber guys who can give themselves a bj.

Thanks.

LADoc00 said:
This would include those limber guys who can give themselves a bj.
Reminds me of a scene from Clerks:

RANDAL: He broke his neck trying to suck his own dick.

Absolute silence. Then...

DANTE: Shut the hell up.
RANDAL: Bible truth.
DANTE: Stop it.
RANDAL: I swear.
DANTE: Oh, my god.
RANDAL: Come on. Haven't you ever tried to suck your own dick?
DANTE: No!
RANDAL: Yeah sure. You're so repressed.
DANTE: Because I never tried to suck my own dick?
RANDAL: No, because you won't admit to it. As if a guy's a f*cking pervert
because he tries to go down on himself. You're as curious as the rest of us, pal. You've tried it.
DANTE: Who found him?
RANDAL: My cousin? My aunt found him. On his bed, doubled over himself with his legs on top. Dick in his mouth. My aunt freaked out. It was a mess.
DANTE: His dick was in his mouth?
RANDAL: Balls resting on his lips.
DANTE: He made it, hunhh?
RANDAL: Yeah, but at what a price.

Silence. Then...

DANTE: I could never reach.
RANDAL: Reach what?
DANTE: You know.
RANDAL: What, your dick?
DANTE: Yeah. Like you said, you know. I guess everyone tries it, sooner of
later.
RANDAL: I never tried it...F*cking pervert.

LADoc00 said:
As a well trained health practitioner, I feel it is our responsibility to be aware of these and recommend them when clinically indicated.
Awww. How clinical of you! :love:

I guess I should do my part to inform the masses of safer sex options.

This is an excerpt from the Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs, 23rd Ed.

safersex.JPG

I think oral-anal contact has been unjustly maligned. I have reviewed the paucity of peer-reviewed material on this and, frankly, it doesnt hold up on meta-analysis.

bananaface said:
So, you are saying these researchers are full of ****?

Yes. Of course with the caveat you should never have oral-anal contact with someone exhibiting anal/perineal lesions (either condylomatous-type or pustules) and if possible use a barrier like a dental dam.

Also, your list doesnt mention 2 very common sexual acts: watersports and brown showers.

Although Im not a fan of the brown shower aka hot carl (*really common only in Germany, maybe a German MD can elaborate why for us), watersports are big here in US and considering urine is theoretically a sterile fluid, does not represent a disease risk.

PS-Also "semen in mouth" option doesnt state whether swallowed or spit out. I believe a significant clinical difference was found between the 2 in a NEJM article looking at outcome analysis.

I would think from your postings, Banana you are a "spitter." I maybe wrong though.

LADoc00 said:
Although Im not a fan of the brown shower aka hot carl (*really common only in Germany, maybe a German MD can elaborate why for us), watersports are big here in US and considering urine is theoretically a sterile fluid, does not represent a disease risk.
So I guess you were turned off by those German scheizer videos.

For all you know they could have a bleeding ulcer or hemorrhoids. Your caveat is not broad enough by any means.

I did not assemble the list. For some reason it was not even included in the 24th edition. :( One day, I was reading it out loud and scared some first year students out of our school's pharmacy student lounge. Quality material. I say.

Again, if someone has an infection leading to blood in the urine, there can be risk issues.

I suppose if someone spits, they are less likely to end up w/ gonorrhea of the throat. In the area I live in, it's actually fairly common amongst young adults/teens and many providers test for it whenever someone in that demographic comes in with signs of strep.

I'll let you contemplate the last point on your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
hey beary, how did you like the latest episode of Lost?

I thought it was AWESOME!!! :thumbup: What did you think?

I still have no idea what is going on though, which is starting to frustrate me a bit. But I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait until next week.

I have read that one of the major characters dies this season - hope it isn't Boone!

Me too :) I actually watched it an hour ago since I wasn't at home when the episode aired.

My hypothesis is that the island is Purgutory. The passengers of the plane are already dead. Their actions on the island will determine their ultimate fate.

Apparently, according to my labmates who also watch this show, I am not the first one to raise this possibility.

deschutes said:
I did not realize they switched to metal for testicular prostheses :smuggrin: Imagine trying to get through airport security!
umm...we're not talking about testicular prostheses here. :laugh:

deschutes said:
I quote Shaw - "I never resist temptation, because I have found that things that are bad for me do not tempt me."

This must mean that ice cream, candy, and Doritos are not bad for me. :)

Just writing about candy, ice cream, and Doritos makes me want some. Perhaps I should make a run to the grocery store. :)

beary said:
What else does GBS mean? :confused:

I totally missed this one.
GBS = Group B Strep = Strep agalactiae

apparently, whether a pregnant patient is GBS+ or GBS- is important...

AndyMilonakis said:
GBS = Group B Strep = Strep agalactiae

apparently, whether a pregnant patient is GBS+ or GBS- is important...

Uh oh, that doesn't even ring a bell!

I didn't read the thread, but I did notice there is no "none of the above" style answer.

I'm not a toy fan. Not a prude, but not a toy fan, either.

beary said:
Uh oh, that doesn't even ring a bell!
It's not supposed to. You learn about S. agalactiae in your infectious disease course but the fact that it equates to GBS in the realm of OB/Gyn and the significance of it is something you learn on the OB/Gyn rotation. Don't worry.

Basically if pregnant woman is GBS+ and doesn't get penicillin before giving birth then baby could be in a world of doo doo. Sepsis, pneumonia, etc. Bad stuff.

I'm doing my Ob/Gyn rotation my absolute very last rotation of med school, so I probably won't care about it then either. :laugh:

beary said:
I'm doing my Ob/Gyn rotation my absolute very last rotation of med school, so I probably won't care about it then either. :laugh:
You don't have a Y chromosome (or do you? :laugh: ). They'll let you off easy.

AndyMilonakis said:
You don't have a Y chromosome (or do you? :laugh: ). They'll let you off easy.

I have heard that guys get treated very bad on Ob/Gyn, which I think sucks - you need to learn it somewhere! (Or actually, I guess you don't, if you're going to be a pathologist. :laugh: )

beary said:
I have heard that guys get treated very bad on Ob/Gyn, which I think sucks - you need to learn it somewhere! (Or actually, I guess you don't, if you're going to be a pathologist. :laugh: )
I try not to think about my OB/Gyn experience. But sometimes, I have flashbacks and I am forced to cry myself to sleep.

I'm just kidding. My OB/gyn rotation wasn't too terrible.

beary said:
I pooh-pooh the idea of SDN path threads dedicated to sex toys. :mad:

I agree....

AndyMilonakis said:

You think im liberal?......im more conservative than you d ever meet...... :laugh: :laugh:

quant said:
You think im liberal?......im more conservative than you d ever meet...... :laugh: :laugh:
...this coming from an individual who owns the Ultravibe 4000 and the Terminator.

AndyMilonakis said:
...this coming from an individual who owns the Ultravibe 4000 and the Terminator.

I can imagine what an ultravibe is....what the hell is a terminator?

AndyMilonakis said:
don't play dumb with me boy. i see right through ya! :laugh:

honest to god!!!!!!!!!!!!...................i dont know what is a terminator!

quant said:
honest to god!!!!!!!!!!!!...................i dont know what is a terminator!
read back a few pages on this thread. yes...that's what they call that thing you got.