SDN Tips: Publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalAptitude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for help from the community! I'm looking for general tips, advice, and things you wish you had known in general when completing the AADSAS application. I will be publishing this on my site as a part 2 to "What is AADSAS?", with credit and shout out to you and any pages you want me to link to (that are about you or have a profile for you). Be immortalized on another internet page demonstrating your ever expansive wisdom. I will take no credit for the writings.

I recently published a guide titled "What is AADSAS?" It is simply an explanation of what this application portal is, and how to fill it out. It is intended for those who have never heard of it, or those who are bamboozled by it. Hope you enjoy if you needed a place to start.

http://www.dentalaptitude.com/pre-dentals/applicants/aadsas/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's good for newcomers to know the timeframe for sending+processing transcripts, LoR, etc., since these are the most time-consuming parts of the app (especially if you're looking to submit as early as possible).

Also, a general guide on how to write a dental personal statement would be nice.

Agreed! That is very important. Do you want to submit input on a timeframe? As I wrote, you'd get full credit, a shout-out, and link to your page if you'd like. If not that's cool too.

As far as the personal statement, you're saying I should write one?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I had no intention of submitting my app early this cycle so I'm not fully aware of what the numbers are. Hopefully someone else sees this and gives their two cents.

And you seem like an excellent writer, so I'll trust you with that one!

I say prime time to submit is July 1-7, and verified before August just as adcoms give out a lot more interviews. June will be early, but could cause a "look over" of your app and put it aside for the best applicants as it is so early.

Be really careful with what you post here. People should be aware that some adcoms have accounts in here. If you have stats that distinguish you (good or bad) and are applying to schools where they will probably interview only one candidate from your state (such as if the school is public and accepts less than 5 OOS per year), it's pretty easy to know who you are. This is not as anonymous as you might think.

Some adcoms have admitted to take a look at applicants' FB as well.

If I would have been aware of this, I wouldn't have posted 70% of what I did.

Thanks for the feedback Doct, thats a great point. Not something someone may know when the first start off.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile