SDN Reactions and Emojis WW Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What cycle do you prefer?

• 12/12

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 36/12

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Tot chat for me :)

Members don't see this ad.

Lemme guess, "he's never done that before, you must have scared him"
Yup! She said on the phone "she's a little shy but she's really sweet." Cranky old vet actually went out to tell the lady (who had the dog for two weeks, never owned another dog before) to return this dog and adopt a different one.

• Wow
  • Okay...
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I can't say it's much more dangerous than my job. If not for a knee-jerk reaction and wearing a jacket I would have gotten bit by a rottweiler today literally seconds after it walked into the building. New client/new patient, vet saw and was like "Nope, not dealing with this today, send it HOME"
The other day we had a german shepard who was VICIOUS, seriously trying to kill us the whole time.
You'll never guess what it was in for
Something where we can choke hold his head while we look at it, far away from the danger clamp?
Or even something we could muzzle for?
no, of course not
he had a laceration on his nose
🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
The other day we had a german shepard who was VICIOUS, seriously trying to kill us the whole time.
Something where we can choke hold his head while we look at it, far away from the danger clamp?
no, of course not
🙄
That reminds me of a jack russell that came in for a rat bite on his nose. You can imagine how that went lol

Reactions: 1 users
I am normally away from the production floor so I am normally pretty dang safe. And most of the active ingredients are just anticoagulants so as long as anyone exposed gets to the hospital they are fine. We do have one really nasty one but luckily we do not run it too often.
this is triggering me to the time when I was preparing topical nitro paste patch and got some on my hand and I was convinced I would have a hypotensive episode lol.
no, of course not
🙄
sooooooo I have 2 chihuahuas who I got during the pandemic, and our vets are still only doing curbside pickup/dropoff. I have no idea how they behave in there without us. I also have no idea if all the vet staff are nice to them. It makes me super uncomfortable that I have never been able to meet my babies' doctor. ( no offense to all the vet peeps here. These are my BABIES!)

And hopefully an owner who has more than two weeks of dog experience!
Yeah in that case probably not a dog that should have been adopted out and especially not to a dog noob but we're edging close to one of my soap boxes here :laugh:

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
sooooooo I have 2 chihuahuas who I got during the pandemic, and our vets are still only doing curbside pickup/dropoff. I have no idea how they behave in there without us. I also have no idea if all the vet staff are nice to them. It makes me super uncomfortable that I have never been able to meet my babies' doctor. ( no offense to all the vet peeps here. These are my BABIES!)
It's a very healthy and normal concern! Rest assured any vet staff team worth their salt are there because they love animals. When we bring puppies in, we give them the yummiest treats we can find, play with them behind the front desk, and take turns cuddling them.

• Care
I also have no idea if all the vet staff are nice to them.
It would be difficult to find a clinic where the staff are mean to animals. Even the ones that act like they want to take our faces off, usually they're just scared and we either try to go really slow so they'll calm down, or we give them drugs so they'll calm down.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this is triggering me to the time when I was preparing topical nitro paste patch and got some on my hand and I was convinced I would have a hypotensive episode lol.

I basically fawn over every patient as if I've never seen a cute animal before (as long as they like it, if they're more shy/hands-off I respect that)
Sounds like me... I do little dances with them as I sing them show tunes and coo at them lol

• Love
  • Care
Sounds like me... I do little dances with them as I sing them show tunes and coo at them lol
Somewhere on my phone I have a video of one of my vets dancing and singing with an italian greyhound puppy to get him to stop crying, lol

• Care
  • Love
one of my soap boxes here :laugh:
i have flat out told people they adopted the wrong pet, but obviously in a really kind way. one guy exchanged his cat, and one lady returned her aussie mix and got a golden puppy instead. they are amazing pet owners, and doing so much better now that they have pets that match their lifestyles.

Reactions: 10 users
I think the biggest concern any client should have with me is that I might steal their animal because it's so cute

This is a joke... Probably

I’ve shoved kittens in my pockets but I always return them after a good cuddle

• Care
An elderly couple who are good clients lost their sweet golden about a year ago. About 8 months ago they got an Aussie doodle. It’s a really bad fit because the dog has a lot of energy, is large, and is not trained well. I hate watching them struggle to handle her every time they bring her in.

• Sad
An elderly couple who are good clients lost their sweet golden about a year ago. About 8 months ago they got an Aussie doodle. It’s a really bad fit because the dog has a lot of energy, is large, and is not trained well. I hate watching them struggle to handle her every time they bring her in.
I find people are more open to discussing it if you make it about what the pet needs, instead of talking about how it's not a good fit for the people.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
*trying to figure out how to get pockets full of kittens in human med*

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I think the closet thing we have is the kangaroo pouch when you're working in the nursery. Also very cuddly, but not so fuzzy
And def can't keep them

• Haha
If it makes you feel any better, sometimes pockets full of kittens come with pockets full of kitten diarrhea!

• Wow
77CT.gif

BToS.gif

• Love
I also have no idea if all the vet staff are nice to them. It makes me super uncomfortable that I have never been able to meet my babies' doctor. ( no offense to all the vet peeps here. These are my BABIES!)
You’re in good company and it’s very understandable! From what I’ve heard (I don't start working at a clinic until Monday but it was clear in working interviews), most clients are at least a little nervous - and often very nervous - about not being in the room with their pets while they go through a scary experience in a strange place they don’t understand. FWIW vets and support staff are working there because they love your animals and want to do the best they can for them, and hospitals are very grateful for their clients’ trust and are working extra hard to keep very transparent, clear, and compassionate communication with them. I hope you have a good experience when you do bring your babies in, and I’m sure they’ll be in good hands and you don’t need to worry (easier said than done, I know)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It would be difficult to find a clinic where the staff are mean to animals. Even the ones that act like they want to take our faces off, usually they're just scared and we either try to go really slow so they'll calm down, or we give them drugs so they'll calm down.
Gal got a bandana last time she went :love:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
In case anyone else still missed the tag, the game started:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
How utterly shocking that a chestnut is rocking all the 'tude in the world :rofl: so out of character
A chestnut mare, to add to it! Lol. I swear my mare (the bay) must be a gelding without a ween because she loves everyone every hour of every day

• Love
Reactions: 1 user