SDN Meetup: Chicago SIS Sept 20-23rd, 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Sure, you might still be hung over from ASPN in Miami, but dust off your New Balance shoes and go to Kohl's and buy a new Sports Coat, because it's SIS, Baby! And, sure, there is no KOL/industry-sponsored data Bukake´ reveal and nothing new or exciting has really happed at a SIS meeting since the Saal Brothers debuted IDET and Paz stepped to the microphone and accused DePalma of lying to hype Mesoblast (DePalma is Lying to Hype Mesoblast) but you'll get more or less unbiased topical reviews of things we do every day by pick-and-shovel pain doctors. So, tell your wife not to worry because you won't be wined and dined by device industry comfort and hospitality workers at Five-Start Steak Houses on this trip, and you'll be lucky if you grub around in the conference tote bag and find a two-for-one drink coupon for the Lobby Bar ($8 extra for premium liquors), and shove your ass into a middle seat and come to Chicago because you're only two and half hours from anywhere and nowhere and everywhere you've always wanted to be...

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Bold of you to assume someone would marry me….but you’re spot on about that middle seat!

Sure, you might still be hung over from ASPN in Miami, but dust off your New Balance shoes and go to Kohl's and buy a new Sports Coat, because it's SIS, Baby! And, sure, there is no KOL/industry-sponsored data Bukake´ reveal and nothing new or exciting has really happed at a SIS meeting since the Saal Brothers debuted IDET and Paz stepped to the microphone and accused DePalma of lying to hype Mesoblast (DePalma is Lying to Hype Mesoblast) but you'll get more or less unbiased topical reviews of things we do every day by pick-and-shovel pain doctors. So, tell your wife not to worry because you won't be wined and dined by device industry comfort and hospitality workers at Five-Start Steak Houses on this trip, and you'll be lucky if you grub around in the conference tote bag and find a two-for-one drink coupon for the Lobby Bar ($8 extra for premium liquors), and shove your ass into a middle seat and come to Chicago because you're only two and half hours from anywhere and nowhere and everywhere you've always wanted to be...

Isn’t it all worth it just because it’s all “evidence based”. I’m pretty sure Burlington coat factory has cheaper sports coats anyway

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Isn’t it all worth it just because it’s all “evidence based”. I’m pretty sure Burlington coat factory has cheaper sports coats anyway
I haven’t seen a sport coat in Burlington in a long time. They own the poor man’s TJ Max space.

I’m in for SIS Chicago.

Reactions: 1 user
So, tell your wife not to worry because you won't be wined and dined by device industry comfort and hospitality workers at Five-Start Steak Houses on this trip
Admittedly I haven't been to a conference in a while... But I'm skeptical that SIS or anyone else can resist the age old tradition of comfort and hospitality workers attending to KOLs and their sycophants...