sdf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody have information on getting federal or provincial student loans to pay for tuition at US medical school? Does anything like this exist?
I'm pretty sure you can't get federal or provincial loans, but you can get private loans, though I don't know much about them (the usual private loans like RBC etc.. are for those in Canadian schools). The caribbean forum might be a place to ask about international loans, because some of them are Canadian and had to take out huge loans too. (I know of one SDN member, handle "McGillGrad", who is studying in the Caribbean now.)

Good luck.

You're eligable for the Canada Student Loan program for sure, but your provincial loan program may or may not assist you - it depends on your province. Ontario does not offer the provincial portion of OSAP to students at foreign universities, but you can still get the federal portion, ~$7000/yr. Alberta on the otherhand will help out to the tune of approx. $14000/yr. Sorry, I don't know the policy of all the others but thats basically it for government assistance.