Scripps Post Bacc Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lostmed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been basically stalking SDN for the past few months since deciding on wanting to do a career changer Post Bacc. So this is finally my first post lol.

So today I received an email about being invited to Scripps for an interview for the Post Baccalaureate Pre Medical Program. I'm honestly happy I even got the interview!

I was wondering if anyone who has gone through the interview process can give me any tips or advice! What is it like? What kind of questions are asked? I'm both ecstatic and freaked out if you can't tell lol.

Thank you for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on the interview! I don't have advice, but I just applied last week and am waiting to hear back. How long did it take to hear back after you applied? best of luck to you!

Congratulations on the interview! I don't have advice, but I just applied last week and am waiting to hear back. How long did it take to hear back after you applied? best of luck to you!

Thank you! So I turned in all of my materials around January 3rd and heard back around the 21st or so that they received everything. And on the 31st is when I was invited to the interview! Thank you for the good wishes and hoping you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you planning to fund?

My city has a couple of post bacc programs (several of which get mentioned on SDN) quite a bit but I am probably going to end up continuing DIY because of cost.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My city has a couple of post bacc programs (several of which get mentioned on SDN) quite a bit but I am probably going to end up continuing DIY because of cost.

I'm applying to so many California scholarships O.O. On the Scripps app, they even ask you if you would like to be considered for the California Commujity Foundation Scholarship. The rest will be a toss up between loans and saving money hopefully.

Congrats! I just applied to the same program on the first of this month. *fingers crossed* Please let us know how it goes!

I don't know what other programs you're considering, but keep in mind they're not all created equal just because they're mentioned on SDN. Scripps is one of only three or four in the country that provides a big enough advantage over a DIY to make it worth the cost difference. I only say this to encourage you to do thorough research before deciding to pay for a formal post bacc.

Hello everyone,

I've been basically stalking SDN for the past few months since deciding on wanting to do a career changer Post Bacc. So this is finally my first post lol.

So today I received an email about being invited to Scripps for an interview for the Post Baccalaureate Pre Medical Program. I'm honestly happy I even got the interview!

I was wondering if anyone who has gone through the interview process can give me any tips or advice! What is it like? What kind of questions are asked? I'm both ecstatic and freaked out if you can't tell lol.

Thank you for any advice!

I have no advice but Scripps is an awesome program. So welcome and congrats!

I don't know what other programs you're considering, but keep in mind they're not all created equal just because they're mentioned on SDN. Scripps is one of only three or four in the country that provides a big enough advantage over a DIY to make it worth the cost difference. I only say this to encourage you to do thorough research before deciding to pay for a formal post bacc.

:) See the last sentence in what you quoted...I am planning to DIY. For my circumstances, none of them are worth the cost.

Best to you on your journey!

I'm applying to so many California scholarships O.O. On the Scripps app, they even ask you if you would like to be considered for the California Commujity Foundation Scholarship. The rest will be a toss up between loans and saving money hopefully.
Hey there! I hope you got accepted to the program! Im curious what scholarships you applied for in California? Also, would you mind sharing what your application stats were like? I really want to be accepted.

Thanks !!!