Scripps interview disaster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pankova21

Reaction score
Hi! Asking for advice. I had an interview with Scripps and I completely choked, I performed very poorly and did not adequately express myself, fumbled multiple times, rambled on questions and didn’t say what I had wanted to convey. I let my nerves get the best of me and it was a trainwreck. I already sent a thank you letter but I am thinking of sending a follow up to better address the questions that they asked, to express the quality of candidate responses that I know I have. I had a successful interview today at another school, night and day, but Scripps was my top choice. My only worry is will I make it even worse. I thought of either a supplemental statement or a video.

Members don't see this ad.

I am no expert but I'd like to think that an interview is just 1 aspect of a holistic application review process. I don't think that an admissions committee would completely discount someone based off the fact that they aren't very well spoken. Clearly you were an eligible candidate enough to receive an interview invitation and so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe you think that you didn't say all the things you wanted to say but to them, they probably just perceived you as a little nervous. I'm sure most people are.