Scribe friend didn't submit community college transcript, didn't get caught.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SterlingMaloryArcher

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simply reporting a real-world experience, as I have seen it debated on here whether AMCAS can/will find out. Not salty about it or anything.

- This was a year of Dual Enrollment.
- He said he made decent grades there, so it probably wouldn't effect anything.
- Not sure if his University transcript listed the credit earned from these DE classes.
- Matriculated to a top 25 MD school and has been there for half a year now.
- I'm not sure if he purposefully ommitted it, it came up in a conversation which went something like: "...Yeah my DE grades will really **** me"
"Oh really? I didn't have to submit mine."

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't omit anything and I'm still terrified that I made a mistake or there is some technicality that will cause my acceptance to evaporate before my very eyes. Can you imagine having that guillotine poised over your head just waiting to fall if the slightest whiff of malfeasance is discovered.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't omit anything and I'm still terrified that I made a mistake or there is some technicality that will cause my acceptance to evaporate before my very eyes. Can you imagine having that guillotine poised over your head just waiting to fall if the slightest whiff of malfeasance is discovered.

If it was truly an innocent mistake I doubt it would ever make a difference. In his case, if it was ever found out, they would probably just discover more good grades and dismiss it. I guess if it was found out and you actually had something to hide like a slew of D's it would look a lot worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say this is not a big deal, but in AMCAS and beyond, there is a difference between small and large errors. This is a pretty big mistake IMO as it means your "friend" was unable to read directions that are very clear (this is the best case scenario) or he intentionally omitted information (worst case scenario). This whole process is supposed to be a microcosm for finding out traits that will make you a good physician. Dishonesty or carelessness are definitely not some of those traits.

OP in my case I forgot a few AP classes. It was a small print thing, it was on my transcripts, and it was added by AMCAS during the verification process. Had no effect on my application.

I would say this is not a big deal, but in AMCAS and beyond, there is a difference between small and large errors. This is a pretty big mistake IMO as it means your "friend" was unable to read directions that are very clear (this is the best case scenario) or he intentionally omitted information (worst case scenario). This whole process is supposed to be a microcosm for finding out traits that will make you a good physician. Dishonesty or carelessness are definitely not some of those traits.

OP in my case I forgot a few AP classes. It was a small print thing, it was on my transcripts, and it was added by AMCAS during the verification process. Had no effect on my application.

I could easily see forgetting AP Classes, they don't carry a grade anyway.

I do wonder what are the chances that forgotten transcripts ever surface. I would say not very often if at all.

Scribe friend didn't submit community college transcript, didn't get caught.
The wheels of academia move slowly. Half a year isn't a reassuring period of time. Report back in two years or so.

Reactions: 2 users
The wheels of academia move slowly. Half a year isn't a reassuring period of time. Report back in two years or so.

Do you really think theres any reason this would surface? The only possibility I see is he tells too many people like he told me and I guess all it takes is one salty individual to complain about it.

Simply reporting a real-world experience, as I have seen it debated on here whether AMCAS can/will find out. Not salty about it or anything.

- This was a year of Dual Enrollment.
- He said he made decent grades there, so it probably wouldn't effect anything.
- Not sure if his University transcript listed the credit earned from these DE classes.
- I'm not sure if he purposefully ommitted it, it came up in a conversation which went something like: "...Yeah my DE grades will really **** me"
"Oh really? I didn't have to submit mine."

This probably happens more often then anyone realizes. Many don’t think DE credits “count” for med school apps since the classes were taken in HS.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the schools do find out (thru the National Education Clearinghouse), saw that they were DE and acceptable grades, and just moved on thinking that the omission was an innocent mistake.

Reactions: 1 user