Screwed up my primary application. How damaging would it be if I’m “completed” by December / January?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted989644

Hello. I wanted to ask the folks here a question.

This morning, I found out that one of my transcripts on OptomCAS wasn’t sent. I did it today, but I still have to get my transcripts verified...and then my application verified, which will push me into November.

After that, I have an OAT for November, so that will then push me into December if that goes alright.

I have a few questions because my GPA isn’t the strongest (3.2), though I have years of ophthalmic experience and strong recommendations:

-How damaging is it if I get my app “done” by Dec / Jan with my current GPA? I’m really looking at Berkeley and SCCO for schooling.

-How damaging is it if I have to redo my OAT in Jan / Feb due to the 90 day wait...if the OAT doesn’t go well?

I’m so concerned that I derailed my whole application since this is very late.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my OptomCas in a few days ago and it was verified and I heard back from schools for interviews in less than a week including SCCO. I see interview spots are filling up a bit so I probably would apply soon so your schools can see that you are interested and emphasize how you will study hard and send them a good OAT score. I'm similar with a not great GPA but a lot of optometry experience. Also if the score doesn't come back great or if it does you will at least have your foot in the door and have a good case for if you need to re-apply.

I sent my OptomCas in a few days ago and it was verified and I heard back from schools for interviews in less than a week including SCCO. I see interview spots are filling up a bit so I probably would apply soon so your schools can see that you are interested and emphasize how you will study hard and send them a good OAT score. I'm similar with a not great GPA but a lot of optometry experience. Also if the score doesn't come back great or if it does you will at least have your foot in the door and have a good case for if you need to re-apply.

Okay. I got my last transcript sent in, so OptomCAS is working on the transcript entry. I’ll make sure to get a turnaround as fast as possible, so that part should be done by November.

Besides the transcript stuff, I did submit in my finished application parts earlier on. It’s just that it has no test score and no grades - the essays are done though.