Screwed up big time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Althervi

Reaction score
Hey guys - just realized I may have screwed my chances at medical school. I applied to queens and western. My third and fourth years are the 3.88 and 3.87 respectively. I did a fifth year in 2020 and took three courses, which was my biggest, dumbest mistake because I ended up with a calculated 3.5 gpa here. I am terrified Queens will take this year and my fourth year as my last two, leaving me at a 3.68 gpa. Have I screwed myself over?
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 12.16.22 AM.png

Members don't see this ad.

I am unfamiliar with how they calculate GPA at those schools, so I'm not much help there. However, if they only look at the last two years, I think it would be reasonable to take the last four semesters you attended (do not forget that academic years are not the same as actual years and are offset).

No matter what, you did yourself no favors finishing your education with a 3.50 semester, considering you need a strong trend to make up for the first 2-3 semesters of your education.

Regardless, there is no point in stressing over it at this point. The grades are there and the applications are in. I hope you find success in your applications.

Try reading this:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's only 7 credits though, I'm sure they know how to weight the GPA properly.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys - just realized I may have screwed my chances at medical school. I applied to queens and western. My third and fourth years are the 3.88 and 3.87 respectively. I did a fifth year in 2020 and took three courses, which was my biggest, dumbest mistake because I ended up with a calculated 3.5 gpa here. I am terrified Queens will take this year and my fourth year as my last two, leaving me at a 3.68 gpa. Have I screwed myself over?
View attachment 322921
Honestly dude, howd you manage that?

I wouldnt stress it. It’s not like 3.5 is bad. Plus it’s clear that you didn’t take many units so it wouldn’t be weighed as heavily.
For example, if someone graduates with a 3.0, but take only 1 class every year and gets 4.0, that doesn’t mean they’re a 4.0 student now.