scores needed on the new MCAT to be competitive for Aus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat_taker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Australia board people, I just wanted to know if anyone had any insight regarding the new scoring scale and how it would be used in Australian school admissions since I am taking the new MCAT soon. I know on the old one you needed at least a 24 to be looked at, however I don't think the scores directly translate from the old one to the new and I haven't seen anything on any of the Australian schools' websites regarding new score cutoffs.

Anyone have any experience from talking to admissions about new scores?

Members don't see this ad.

For the old MCAT, they want at least 8 in each section.
U of Queensland says that they'll look for equivalent percentile on the new MCAT.

Equivalent to an 8 would be getting at least a 124 on each section of the new MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Equivalent to an 8 would be getting at least a 124 on each section of the new MCAT.

An 8 put you at the 50-55 percentile. An equivalent on the new MCAT would be a 125 (55th percentile) while a 124 hovers around the 45th percentile. So no, 124 would not get you anywhere. Except for the Bio section but I'd guess a 125 would be an 8 with lower percentiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user