Schools that won’t interview students with 3.8+ GPA/520+ MCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noorh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard a few times that some MD schools won’t extend interview invites to applicants with very high stats, as they assume that these applicants are unlikely to attend the school.

Could anyone provide a list of these schools?

Additionally, what would be some good “safety schools” for applicants with high stats, but average/unremarkable ECs (besides their own state schools).

Members don't see this ad.

Additionally, what would be some good “safety schools” for applicants with high stats, but average/unremarkable ECs (besides their own state schools).

Here's your list of safety schools:

Reactions: 17 users
I’ve heard a few times that some MD schools won’t extend interview invites to applicants with very high stats, as they assume that these applicants are unlikely to attend the school.

This is a v reliable source.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But in all honesty, check out MSAR, apply to all your state schools and try to avoid any schools that are strongly mission oriented (Rush, for example). Check out @WedgeDawg 's WARS. Chicago and WashU and Penn are numberwhores, so try to find other schools that like those ~78+ LizzyM's

75 LizzyM is not so high that you need to be overly concerned with yield protection. A 37 is still within the 90th percentile for almost all of the private and OOS-friendly schools that would make sense to apply to.

Anyways for someone with solid stats as their strong point, I'd make sure to apply to Case Western, USC, Sinai, NYU, Miami, Einstein off the top of my head. If you include description of ECs people can tell you if you really are average or if you're underestimating yourself. What state are you from?

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.