school reviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CremasterFlash

Born yesterday.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ahead of myself, but just in case...

Is there a good source for med students' reviews/opinions of their schools and programs? Online or in real life book form?

The MSAR and US News thing are not really that helpful in comparing programs in a really meaningful way in my opinion.

As always, thanks for any help.

cf

Members don't see this ad.

I thought MDapplicants.com had some very specific and interesting information, from the perspective of dozens of applicants who've spent a day or so at each of the programs. I also liked speaking with staff at the different medical schools, I could almost see the nose of the harvard person way up in the air. (not to pick on harvard, that was simply my impression and seems to match what some have written on SDN about the school's attitude)

Not sure how good a book by current med students could be, presumably they'd have great insight into their school but limited ability to compare things like, say, competitiveness at their school versus competitiveness at other schools.

Is there a good source for med students' reviews/opinions of their schools and programs? Online or in real life book form?

Um, how about SDN?!?!? Look in the allo and osteo forums, also in the interview feedback database. In particular, right now you can see a TON of info on how first years are doing in gross anatomy and how much they like their schedules so far.