PhD/PsyD School Psychology Degree at BOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mypointlesspov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm putting together my spreadsheet of internship sites (filtered by APA accredited programs that accept school students) and one of the BOPs came up. I know that the BOP website says that they accept clinical and counseling students and it is likely that this was just a clerical error on their part, but has anyone ever heard of a school psychology student matching with one of these programs (including post-match)?

I had an interview at a BOP site for practicum this past semester and one of their current externs is a school psychology student and they have definitely had externs from my school psychology program in the past. One of the clinical supervisors mentioned that it may be possible for someone with a school psychology degree to have at a BOP but they would probably have to be in the USPHS.

ETA: I also realize that the odds are very much stacked against me considering my degree.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're interested in the site, it would be worthwhile to reach out to the DCT to see if they would consider your application. You can explain what experiences you've had that would make you a good fit there.