School list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndskit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA 3.54/sGPA 3.24 (GPAs are calculated after retakes)/MCAT 30 (retake from 25)
Washington state resident
-56 hours shadowing in rural medicine
-360 hours shadowing variety of physicians in a foreign country
-6 months volunteering at an adult daycare center
-2.5 months as an ED scribe, 5 months as a neurosurgery clinic scribe (ongoing)
-1 day shadowing DO primary care physician in a community health center (I have plans to shadow a DO physiatrist)
- 2 years of being an officer of a dance marathon guild fundraising for a local children's hospital during college

I am aiming for around 15 schools to apply to. My stats are not competitive so I am trying to apply broadly. I need some help sorting through reach schools and would appreciate any input on my safer schools. Are there any other schools I should also consider? Thanks in advance.

Here's what I have so far:

PNWU (state school)
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LMU
WVSOM (is this school regional?)
Touro-NY Harlem/Midtown
ACOM
LUCOM
BCOM

Reach schools:
Western-U/Comp
PCOM (is this school regional?)
LECOM-E
LECOM-SH
WCU
Touro-NV
KYCOM
AZCOM
UNECOM
Touro-CA
LECOM-B
Marian

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA 3.54/sGPA 3.24 (GPAs are calculated after retakes)/MCAT 30 (retake from 25)
Washington state resident
-56 hours shadowing in rural medicine
-360 hours shadowing variety of physicians in a foreign country
-6 months volunteering at an adult daycare center
-2.5 months as an ED scribe, 5 months as a neurosurgery clinic scribe (ongoing)
-1 day shadowing DO primary care physician in a community health center (I have plans to shadow a DO physiatrist)
- 2 years of being an officer of a dance marathon guild fundraising for a local children's hospital during college

I am aiming for around 15 schools to apply to. My stats are not competitive so I am trying to apply broadly. I need some help sorting through reach schools and would appreciate any input on my safer schools. Are there any other schools I should also consider? Thanks in advance.

Here's what I have so far:

PNWU (state school)
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LMU
WVSOM (is this school regional?)
Touro-NY Harlem/Midtown
ACOM
LUCOM
BCOM

Reach schools:
Western-U/Comp
PCOM (is this school regional?)
LECOM-E
LECOM-SH
WCU
Touro-NV
KYCOM
AZCOM
UNECOM
Touro-CA
LECOM-B
Marian

Your stats are actually competitive for DO so I would say you are probably applying to too many schools but hey it's your money. I would take out lucom and BCOM. AZCOM has expensive tuition probably would take that off. WVSOM is regional but your competitive there. PCOM isnt more regional than any other school (all schools are to a certain extent). WCU I probably wouldn't bother with either.

So here is a list I recommend:

PNW
Atsu (Soma and kirksville)
LMU
WVSOM
Touro NY, CA, NV
ACOM
Western U
PCOM
LECOM E and B
KYCOM
UNECOM
Marian

That's 15 schools still probably too many. I would also consider taking out KYCOM.

Personally I would replace kcom with Nova southeastern.

Your stats are actually competitive for DO so I would say you are probably applying to too many schools but hey it's your money. I would take out lucom and BCOM. AZCOM has expensive tuition probably would take that off. WVSOM is regional but your competitive there. PCOM isnt more regional than any other school (all schools are to a certain extent). WCU I probably wouldn't bother with either.

So here is a list I recommend:

PNW
Atsu (Soma and kirksville)
LMU
WVSOM
Touro NY, CA, NV
ACOM
Western U
PCOM
LECOM E and B
KYCOM
UNECOM
Marian

That's 15 schools still probably too many. I would also consider taking out KYCOM.

Personally I would replace kcom with Nova southeastern.

Any particular reason for taking out bcom, lucom, wcu, and kycom? I'm still trying to familiarize myself with a lot of the schools - their reviews, pros/cons, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd leave KYCOM because why not.

I'd throw RVU on there to stay closer to home than other schools.

Any particular reason for taking out bcom, lucom, wcu, and kycom? I'm still trying to familiarize myself with a lot of the schools - their reviews, pros/cons, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I took off bcom because there brand new and your stats are too good for that school. Lucom is very religious I wouldn't recommend that school. Kycom is very regional. WCU is very regional and has alot of issues. You don't want to go there. If I was making a list from scratch with your stats it would be this:

KCU
NSU
DMU
PCOM
Touro CA, NV, NY
MUCOM
LECOM Bradenton
RVU
Western U
ATSU SOMA
UNECOM
PNW

Top heavy list but you should be fine with your MCAT being a 30 good ecs and decent GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
I took off bcom because there brand new and your stats are too good for that school. Lucom is very religious I wouldn't recommend that school. Kycom is very regional. WCU is very regional and has alot of issues. You don't want to go there. If I was making a list from scratch with your stats it would be this:

KCU
NSU
DMU
PCOM
Touro CA, NV, NY
MUCOM
LECOM Bradenton
RVU
Western U
ATSU SOMA
UNECOM
PNW

Top heavy list but you should be fine with your MCAT being a 30 good ecs and decent GPA.
I second the part about LUCOM. Just do a quick search on them.

Reactions: 1 user

KCU
NSU
DMU
PCOM
Touro CA, NV, NY
MUCOM
LECOM Bradenton
RVU
Western U
ATSU SOMA
UNECOM
PNW

Thanks for your help. I never considered some of the schools because of my 3.2 sGPA.

Thanks for your help. I never considered some of the schools because of my 3.2 sGPA.

A 3.5 cGPA and a 3.2 sGPA with an average MCAT score of 27.5 and with the recent one being a 30 are competitive numbers. Average is around a 3.5/3.4 27 MCAT

My list:

PNWU (state school)
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LMU
Touro-NY Harlem/Midtown OR Touro-CA
ACOM
BCOM
Western-U/Comp
PCOM
LECOM-E OR LECOM-B
WCU