School List Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thezilchplatypus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats:
-CA resident

AACOMAS Calculations:
3.54 cGPA
3.67 sGPA
(VERY strong upward trend in GPA)

MCAT:
1st attempt: 502 (124/123/128/127)
2nd attempt: 506 (128/121/129/128) (have no idea what the hell happened, been getting 124-126 on cars for 13 practice exams and both of my real mcats have been significantly lower, not planning on retake)

EC's:
Emergency Room Volunteer: 200 hours (2 years)
Urology Internship: 266 hours (111 shadow hours) (31 cases observed in O.R)
Radiation Oncology Shadow: (36 hours)
Middle School Head Soccer Coach: 1 season (paid)
Math and Language Tutor Elementary (5th and 6th grade): 96 hours (still current)
Medical Research Without Compensation Employee (assisting with a neurobiology sleep research investigation): 55 hours (still current)
Family Practice Shadow w/ D.O: starting sometime this week

I know the 121 CARS is going to take me out the game significantly regarding MD programs. However, I still have a made a list as I am going to take a chance with them. I also have a list of 15 D.O programs. Was wondering what my chances look like regarding both MD/DO programs and if someone could help me out with a list of MD schools i should apply to. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for the majority of DO schools but which ones are you applying to? MD is unlikely due to your MCAT scores with a low CARS. Which MD schools are you thinking of applying to?

You are competitive for the majority of DO schools but which ones are you applying to? MD is unlikely due to your MCAT scores with a low CARS. Which MD schools are you thinking of applying to?

DO List:

Western U (Pomona & Oregon)
Midwestern (AZ & Chicago)
KCUMB
Des Moines
PCOM
RVU
Touro (Cal & Nevada)
A.T Still (AZ & MO)
NOVA
Lake Erie
Pacific Northwest

MD List:

Drexel
Loyola
Arizona (tucson & phoenix)
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Creighton
Wright State
Temple
VCU
Georgetown
West Virginia
New York Medical College
Saint Louis
Medical College of Wisconsin
George Washington
University of Washington
UC Davis
Louisville
UC Irvine

U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from the northwest states. Louisville and Wright state are state public schools that accept very few non residents with your stats. Your DO list is good.

Reactions: 1 user