School list help URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkracer

Reaction score
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You are fine to apply in June. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Maryland
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Charles Drew (new school-may be your best chance for an interview)
West Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
TCU
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
Miami
Emory
Tulane
For DO schools I suggest these:
Touro-NY
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
VCOM (all schools)
WVSOM
CUSOM
ACOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
MU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my MCAT score back and I am so disappointed. I was aiming for a 506.
I got a 501 (123,124,125,129)
sgpa: 3.2 cum gpa: 3.43
URM: African woman
EC: 1.5 years of scribing, 9 months of COVID testing, 6 months of behavioral tech, 1 year of hospice volunteering.
Do I still apply or should I just apply to a post bacc ?
I was primarily going to do DO. If I should still apply can someone help me with a school list please?
What non-clinical community service activities have you participated in? Please follow the WAMC Template.

Hey, incoming M1 here. I am URM (AA male) and I had the same MCAT score w/121 CARS and essentially a bit higher GPA. Received 3 MD and 2 DO II and essentially withdrew my application from other schools after I received my first acceptance on Oct.17th. I say this because you are essentially in the same position I was when applying. I was accepted to 4 schools with scholarship offers and I decided to not attend one of the interviews. Your school list looks fine, but how many non-clinical volunteering hours do you have(like did work you with homeless population, underrepresented communities), like actually working in the communities/demographics that you might want to serve as a physician? If there is no other person providing you guidance along this journey, I am willing to do that. You can PM me if you want.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh wow. Yes that would be very helpful !
I'll PM you

Reactions: 1 user
OP: are you reading to elementary students as part of an organized literacy program? I still am concerned you don't have enough service orientation in your non-clinical community service where you are in community with those in need. Food distribution, job placement services, shelter work, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation are examples.