School List for Nontrad-Need Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A bit about me-
Undergrad degree: supply chain management and marketing from a top 30 business school.
Undergrad GPA: 3.57
Post-Bacc/sGPA: 3.97 (I took no sciences undergrad).
MCAT: 517 (130/126/130/131)
Residence: Illinois
Not disadvantaged.
EC's: 1,200+ hours scribing, international EMS experience (300 hours), patient transport (120 hours)
No research, didn't really have time to fit it in, since I only decided on medicine recently.

So far:
Rosalind Franklin
UIC
Rush
Loyola
Northwestern
U Chicago
Ohio State
Colorado
UCLA
Michigan
Wisconsin (Madison)
Baylor
Miami (FL)

Any other schools I should be looking at in my wheelhouse? Maybe with a preference towards nontrads? Unsure about my lack of research. Hoping to add ~10 to this list but unsure of the direction with my weird trajectory.

Thanks in advance guys!

Members don't see this ad.

A bit about me-
Undergrad degree: supply chain management and marketing from a top 30 business school.
Undergrad GPA: 3.57
Post-Bacc/sGPA: 3.97 (I took no sciences undergrad).
MCAT: 517 (130/126/130/131)
Residence: Illinois
Not disadvantaged.
EC's: 1,200+ hours scribing, international EMS experience (300 hours), patient transport (120 hours)
No research, didn't really have time to fit it in, since I only decided on medicine recently.

So far:
Rosalind Franklin
UIC
Rush
Loyola
Northwestern
U Chicago
Ohio State
Colorado
UCLA
Michigan
Wisconsin (Madison)
Baylor
Miami (FL)

Any other schools I should be looking at in my wheelhouse? Maybe with a preference towards nontrads? Unsure about my lack of research. Hoping to add ~10 to this list but unsure of the direction with my weird trajectory.

Thanks in advance guys!
You have great stats. Your experience is pretty good too, but do you have any service-to-the-needy activities? (It looks like your international EMS experience might fit the bill, but I'm not certain). For my money, I'd add Dartmouth, UVM, Beaumont, and 7 other schools that fit your GPA/MCAT. If you don't have a lot of volunteer activity, avoid schools that are extremely service-oriented.

I do not see any volunteering or shadowing. Rush has average volunteering of around 1000 hours (or so I have heard), which means they likely won't even look at an application that shows 0. No research is also going to hurt you at many places - Northwestern, U of Chicago, and Baylor likely won't like that. You can post this thread in the MD WAMC forum (instead of non-trad) as more people can give you advice - Faha and Goro are great at this stuff.

While your MCAT & GPA are good, and you likely can get in somewhere if you throw in enough apps, it might be better to take a gap year and get some volunteering and shadowing experiences (possibly research too).

Status
Not open for further replies.