Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do schools give out scholarships for MPH students, especially the big schools like Yale, Harvard, Columbia, etc....The approximate cost over two years comes out to ~50K!

Members don't see this ad.

ericado said:
Do schools give out scholarships for MPH students, especially the big schools like Yale, Harvard, Columbia, etc....The approximate cost over two years comes out to ~50K!

From my understanding, scholarships are hard to come by at these private schools, even for PhD students where the funding usually goes first. Some schools such as the Univ. WA and UNC are better at providing funding for through research/teaching assistantship positions that usually cover tuition and provide a stipend. Even at these schools funding is getting tighter and I think it's getting harder for master's level students to find funding, but it is still possible.

huruta, UW PhD student

Unfortunately, not many schools give out scholarships for MPH students. And it is a pretty expensive degree. Depending on what field you are interested in, you may want to do a little research in the schools you are applying to. For example - I graduated from Emory with a MPH in epidemiology, but it wasn't until after I matriculated there that I found out that if you were in the MPH dual epidemiology/environmental occupational health program, you got a half scholarship. This wasn't something they advertised too much about. Your best bet is to talk to the students at the school you're interested to see if their are any scholarships that they know about.