General Admissions & OTCAS Scholarships, grants... essentially any kind of financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Life&Lemons

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and well during this pandemic!
Today's topic: financial aid
In my search for OT schools I have been told by MANY schools that financial aid isn't really a thing in the OT world. Your options include loans and more loans. Now I know I am not alone in this boat, but I come from a very poor family. I have worked my entire college career to support myself. Facing reality, I know this will not be possible to do when working on an OTD or MOT. It would be wonderful to receive some form of financial aid that would cut the cost of school.
Does anyone know of any schools that present aid upon acceptance? Anything would be helpful and greatly appreciated. If you have a link to another post with information on this topic I would love to be linked it.

A side note, I know some may suggest in-state schools. I live in SC and we only have one school that offers an OT program and it is MUSC and they are very expensive! Lenoir-Rhyne does have a campus here, but it is a private school and also very expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

That is the reality as most occupational therapy has moved to the masters and doctoral level, most funding is reserved for bachelor. Any aid provided will be in the form of a loan. You may need to explore outside of OT and consider a general foundation and agency which may support your profile whether it is low SES, ethnic background, or whatever you have that may distinguish you among other applicants.