Scholarship and Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yinxzon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to apply to fellowships and scholarships as a sophomore in college. I am aware of the Goldwater Scholarship and I want to apply to rewarding scholarships that judge me based on my research experience and my science background. Any advice would help.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Try "inventor competition" on google and go to the link sponsored by the patent office.

HHMI fellowships are good and are often administered through your school. They support some of your basic research supplies and also give you a stipend for housing/food/expenses.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've had some trouble finding hhmi fellowship info. i'm also at stanford; do you remember off the top of your head how you got info on these? if not, thats fine--i can go ask at sweet hall or something.
thanks.

my lab group member won the grand prize for that inventor competition last year =) 50,000 dollars! lotsa money!

flip_d said:
i've had some trouble finding hhmi fellowship info. i'm also at stanford; do you remember off the top of your head how you got info on these? if not, thats fine--i can go ask at sweet hall or something.
thanks.

Hi Flip_d.

The HHMI administrator at Stanford is Kristin Black (for biology, psychology and human biology). I don't remember the chemistry director off the top of my head but Krisin would know. She's in the Gilbert BioSci building on the first floor near room 119. Or you can email her. Applications are usually accepted in the fall (october) and spring (april) Best of luck!