Schiavo Autopsy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it, this could be the biggest post mortem exam since JFK.

If anyone finds the full report please post a link.

Members don't see this ad.

Will the autopsy really provide any clue as to her antemortem mental status? What if they don't find nearly the degree of necrosis/liquefaction that they thought was present initially from CT, and there's the possibility that enough cortex was functional for her actually to have been "aware?"

Just curious; don't know much about all this stuff yet--matriculating in the fall. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't be surprised if there are a protesters that think she is still alive and therefore the autopsy is barbaric.

Or maybe people will try to break into the ME to steal the body so that they can claim she was risen from the dead.

RyMcQ said:
I won't be surprised if there are a protesters that think she is still alive and therefore the autopsy is barbaric.

Or maybe people will try to break into the ME to steal the body so that they can claim she was risen from the dead.

If she has miracles attributed to her and becomes a saint, then her bones/parts would be official relics....Can you imagine the Ebay value of a Terri Schiavo metatarsal? They are cremating her, I would try to stash as much as I could, just in case.

deschutes said:
The Pope died. They'll be talking about him. Poor guy.
you're ****tin me? says who? CNN hasn't announced it yet.

deschutes said:

Holy crap, the Pope and Schiavo dead within mere days of each, its sign of something, of what Im not sure.
Best to begin cleaning my guns just in case.

deschutes said:

You'll be right in a few hours, but no one is reporting yet.

RyMcQ said:
You'll be right in a few hours, but no one is reporting yet.
Yep, seems to be the case. One of my friends wants to nominate Joe Pesci to be the next pope.

LADoc00 said:
Holy crap, the Pope and Schiavo dead within mere days of each, its sign of something, of what Im not sure.

Hmmm, Cochran, Schiavo and the Pope. At least we can all take a breather before the next trio soars into the great beyond.

LADoc00 said:
Oh come on. You dare call yourself a pathologist? They said the same thing about Diana, Mother Teresa and Frank Sinatra.

The old and the sick die every day. And then there are the accidents.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that the autopsy will prove that God wanted her to live. At least that's what the conservatives tell me.

Oh, and I hope that a whole bunch of homosexuals greet the mitered-one at the pearly gates and lots of people have unprotected sex up there.

DrBloodmoney said:
I think that the autopsy will prove that God wanted her to live. At least that's what the conservatives tell me.

Oh, and I hope that a whole bunch of homosexuals greet the mitered-one at the pearly gates and lots of people have unprotected sex up there.

I know they dont greet anyone in the afterlife on the account of the eternal hot carls they don. :laugh:

Attachments

• hcarl.jpg
    hcarl.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
DrBloodmoney said:

Fight the real ememy, doc.

LADoc00 said:

lololol.......

I was sure people will begin to start making connections ........But LaDOC?......

deschutes said:

Apparently Fox News erroneously reported earlier this afternoon that he died... oops!! :oops:

beary said:
Apparently Fox News erroneously reported earlier this afternoon that he died... oops!! :oops:
Yeah, so did CNN... Their response was to say that they were only reporting what was reported to them.

DrBloodmoney said:
That your idea of heaven? :)

beary said:

It came from an Italian news service & pretty much everyone else ran with it until the Vatican said it wasn't true.

What is the autopsy gonna show??? - NOTHING, absolutely nothing.

The general public and even other doctors have no clue what pathology is all about.

Frank Perdue died too. :(

I dunno what Schiavo's autopsy is going to show other than a seriously atrophied brain with huge ventricles. It won't be able to ascertain whether she was in a "persistent vegetative state" or not, since that's a clinical term. It will suggest that she was severely incapacitated though, and of course the findings (whatever is released, anyway) will be used by both sides to "prove" their side of the argument. Some quote will come out about how "the visual cortex was not entirely as atrophied as expected" and someone will take that statement and say that she was murdered or something.

ernie said:
What is the autopsy gonna show??? - NOTHING, absolutely nothing.

No word on the autopsy report yet, but I did find a head CT from 2002.

http://www.miami.edu/ethics2/schiavo/2 CTs.png

"CT scans showing, left, a normal brain and, right, Ms. Schiavo's brain, giving evidence of extensive cortical regions filled with spinal fluid. The image on the right was made in 2002. The bright spot near the center is an intrathalmic stimulator placed in her brain in December 1990 in San Francisco, when her husband was seeking aggressive medical treatment."

From http://www.miami.edu/ethics2/schiavo/Schiavo_links.htm

I doubt the autopsy findings will be released unless the family decides to bring another lawsuit and the report is introduced as evidence. It probably won't be released because it likely doesn't give a definitive answer. "Extensive atrophy consistent with prior global ischemic insult." or something like that.

Was she suffering? Can't tell.
Was she conscious? Can't tell.
Could she see? Can't tell.

I bet somebody will sue under the guise that it's the public's right to know. :rolleyes:

I really do not understand people. They protest the removal of a stranger's feeding tube and then support war efforts. "Life is sacred, unless I hate you." That's such a respectable viewpoint. :barf:

bananaface said:
I bet somebody will sue under the guise that it's the public's right to know. :rolleyes:

I really do not understand people. They protest the removal of a stranger's feeding tube and then support war efforts. "Life is sacred, unless I hate you." That's such a respectable viewpoint. :barf:

Right. Death penalty too. There is always an argument to suit one's beliefs. I think everyone is pretty hypocritical and we can all improve ourselves if we just admit that. :laugh:

But yeah no doubt someone will sue, using some argument like, "I want to know what to put in my own living will," or something like that.

Realizing that you have a potentially hypocritical viewpoint is the first step in exploring what makes you feel the same or differently about 2 scenarios. It can be good, because it makes you think out your views. Or, I should say it makes me think out my views. I don't see why ppl get offended when other people point out hypocrisy. No one is perfect. Deal people! As if talking about it should lower your self esteem or something. :rolleyes: