scheduling step 3 problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ygolordned

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey. i just started internship in july. i am trying to schedule my step 3 for around the coming february, but it is saying that none of the testing centers in south eastern michigan have opened days from january through march. have they just not opened them yet? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey. i just started internship in july. i am trying to schedule my step 3 for around the coming february, but it is saying that none of the testing centers in south eastern michigan have opened days from january through march. have they just not opened them yet? thanks

What did they say when you called and asked them this question?

That's what I thought.

What did they say when you called and asked them this question?

That's what I thought.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no need for a lack of civility.

Actually, the proper advice would be for you to check it out. I would try personally calling the testing center. When I was trying to schedule this test, I used the phone number provided on the forms (I think they were orange?)that were periodically mailed from the USMLE folks.

If by some chance the testing centers are truly booked, then you can simply schedule your test at the closest convenient center available. If it's too distant, then you can take a couple of extra days and make a quasi-vacation out of it.

Good luck.

Eligibility
[FONT=Garamond,Garamond][FONT=Garamond,Garamond]All Step 3 applicants for the Michigan Board must meet the core USMLE eligibility requirements and the following state-specific requirements:
.Post-Graduate Training[FONT=Garamond,Garamond][FONT=Garamond,Garamond]: All Michigan applicants who are graduates of medical schools outside the United States or Canada must have completed six (6) months of post-graduate training at an ACGME or The Joint Commission (formerly known as JCAHO) approved program at the time they make application to the examination. All applicants who are graduates of United States or Canadian Medical Schools accredited by LCME must have completed six (6) months of post-graduate training at an ACGME or JCAHO approved program at the time they make application to the examination. The form must be completed by your program director