SAT's and transfers?

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I do well on the SAT (2200+) after studying all summer, will that help me out even though I am probably going to apply as a sophomore transfer from a CC?

I know I have three threads about this stuff open but this is a totally different topic. I really want answers b/c if studying like crazy and doing well isn't going to help me out in any way, I'd prefer not to do it then.

Members don't see this ad.

if your top 10% gpa, 2200+ SAT scores....its actually a no brainer why your at a CC. (you cant afford higher priced schools). If you can maintain a high gpa at a CC, then yes you have a good shot at transfering to great schools.

If you have a lower GPA and higher SAT's and you do well in CC, its not as good as the first case, but you have a good shot at getting into a school that is in realistic reach.

if your top 10% gpa, 2200+ SAT scores....its actually a no brainer why your at a CC. (you cant afford higher priced schools). If you can maintain a high gpa at a CC, then yes you have a good shot at transfering to great schools.

If you have a lower GPA and higher SAT's and you do well in CC, its not as good as the first case, but you have a good shot at getting into a school that is in realistic reach.

That doesn't sound good. :(

I don't understand why these competitive schools even want your HS stuff. Who cares? If your college record is stellar, I don't think it should matter how you did in HS.

I am in the latter of the two you mentioned. And what do you mean realistic reach?

2200+ SAT is fantastic. Good enough for competitive schools at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand why these competitive schools even want your HS stuff. Who cares?

Many students have worked very hard since middle school to earn a high GPA in order to get into a good university. If a university doesn't look at the efforts these students have put into, it would be not fair.

Just imagine you have worked very hard since middle school and got a 4.0 GPA and the university you want to go doesn't care about your effort. You will be feeling pretty sad.

SAT's don't matter when you're transferring, I don't even think they asked me. I never took the SAT/ACT, and it didn't hurt me one bit. I got accepted to a UC and then a dental school just fine. =)

And they didn't ask me for any of my high school information either - this is the UC system by the way.

If I do well on the SAT (2200+) after studying all summer, will that help me out even though I am probably going to apply as a sophomore transfer from a CC?

I know I have three threads about this stuff open but this is a totally different topic. I really want answers b/c if studying like crazy and doing well isn't going to help me out in any way, I'd prefer not to do it then.

I'll just fill you in with what I know about applying as a transfer student (sophomore). I just went into the admission office of a first tier university and spoke with an transfer admissions rep. yesterday. If you have 1+ year of college post high school graduation, you can apply as a transfer, and not even have an SAT, or ACT score. So technically, you can totally just skip out on the tests; seeing as CC's don't require SAT/ACT (usually). For some schools it's 1 year; others, like Cornell, it's 13 credits post high school graduation.