SAT - MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I scored 2290 on the SAT and scored 516 on the MCAT. So there may be some correlation btw the two tests but if you dedicate yourself to study then you should do well on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone willing to admit a <1200 SAT and <500 MCAT. So we can see correlations on both ends? Right now we barely have a one tailed graph let alone a bell curve.

Never took the SAT/ACT because I was nearly a straight C and some B's high school student (with D's and F's freshman year). I was destined for community college and I struggled a bit in undergrad to catch up with everyone. Studied 6 months part time for MCAT and scored 514. I'm sure my ACT and SAT scores would have sucked in comparison (maybe ok with math).

Members don't see this ad :)
Never took the SAT/ACT because I was nearly a straight C and some B's high school student (with D's and F's freshman year). I was destined for community college and I struggled a bit in undergrad to catch up with everyone. Studied 6 months part time for MCAT and scored 514. I'm sure my ACT and SAT scores would have sucked in comparison (maybe ok with math).

You’ve given me hope. Any advice on beating test anxiety!

You’ve given me hope. Any advice on beating test anxiety!
I had really bad anxiety towards the end of my undergrad career (developed it after I transferred to a UC). What helped was being very prepared for my exams where I studied the topic inside out (usually read the textbook even though it wasn't required). That way I knew I could handle whatever was thrown at me.

I was worried for anxiety with the MCAT and sure enough, when I took my practice FL's under testing conditions I got really bad anxiety. As cheesy as it sounds, I watched youtube videos on mindfulness/meditation to help harness my emotions. I did the breathing exercises during the tutorial portion before every practice FL's and by test day I didn't have a hint of anxiety - I was super calm and collected. I'm not a yogi or anything so I was really impressed by how well it worked. I think I was also desensitized after taking a lot of practice tests (like 5?) and even then if **** hit the fan, I knew how to gain control of my emotions with those exercises.