SAT Mathematics Level 2

Pandapurse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to take the Math Level 2 SAT this June. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on doing well on it? I'm currently in Precalc right now, but I'm really scared....

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine if you're in precalc. I took it last year when I was in precalc...just borrowed a Kaplan prep book from a friend, did the practice tests. Got 800 :)

Thanks! Was most of the content Trigonometry? I might to brush up on my Trig. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a little. And it was basic trig, like sin, cos, tan, etc. None of those trig formulas (those were a PAIN to prove in precalc!)

Dont worry, if your mathematically inclined you can miss like 7-10 questions and still get a 800. I know when i took it last year i got over 700 and the only ones i left blank were ones about matrices, which i never learned or covered before.

Actually I think its missing 2-5 (depending on curve) for 800. I think I missed 3.

So I took the subject test today! It wasn't so bad at all... I'm hoping it was above 600. I left around ~13 blank, but I'm pretty confident about the rest. Is there a curve btw? :)

Yea curve, depending on how well everyone else did. I think the princeton review/collegeboard books are pretty accurate on their scaling.

I took physics today, it was a pain xD

Btw, how many questions can you leave blank/miss on the Math 2 to get at least a 700? I'm really nervous. :/

get the Barron's math2 study book. It's a lot harder than the actual one, but it'll make the exam on test day seem like a breeze