SAT II's and AP exams

samrath30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i wanna know how SAT II's compare to AP exams.

and if any of u have taken any SAT II's, please tell me your experiences and any good books one can recommend.

Members don't see this ad.

Uh you mean like scores? Well I got 5 on Calc BC, 800 on math IIC. 4 on Physics B, 700 on Physics (Heard the curve was really hard that time though) Princeton review books are good

They have some what of a correlation...but basically it works like this:

Theoretically if you can get a 5 on an AP you can get a 750-800 on the SAT II, and vice versa. The AP is easier on the scoring in a sense because its just 1-5 and you dont know how the raw scores calculate into the scale.

The SAT II is much easier to look at in terms of scoring...but i would assume a 750-800 is like a 5 on the AP, where as like 690 - 740 or something is like a 4. (these are just made up calc's i cant tell you if there even accurate at all)..

But yes the trick is to do well on SAT II's is to take your best subjects and which ones you are most comfortable with.

Members don't see this ad :)
theres a pretty good correlation from my own personal experience...but that was four years ago

I think I got like a 700 in chem and a 4 on AP...770 Math IIC and 5 on BC and AB subscore. Again, that was four years ago though...I'm not sure how much has changed.

The two are pretty similar. Keep in mind they're both developed by the same company. I would say that the AP tests are more difficult simply because they have free response sections.

If you do well on one, though, you'll probably do well on the other.