san antonio VA AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsparrow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get info about San Antonio VA AEGD. I have emailed the program director for info and requestion observe the program but no reply came.
does anyone know how to get in touch with the program and shadow there for a few days?
does anyone know what are the strong points of this program?
i am looking for implant placement and restoration experience along with implant-related surgeries like sinus lifts, socket preservation, and sedation. do the residents do many esthetic cases
please and thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

They are definitely one of the best in the country. In my opinion, one of the most well rounded programs in the country. Lots of Endo, same day CEREC prosth, good implants, good didactics, ortho, & sedation. Would recommend looking into it. Very intense year but worth it. Program director is nice but serious as well, can tell this program means a lot to him. If you're looking into mainly implant related surgeries, I'd take a peek at The Foundry in Bessemer AL. I just emailed the PD to set up shadowing dates.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also recommend the GPR at Augusta (I think they just got a new PD, so the experience might be changing) and the SLC VA for what you're looking for. Sending you a pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are definitely one of the best in the country. In my opinion, one of the most well rounded programs in the country. Lots of Endo, same day CEREC prosth, good implants, good didactics, ortho, & sedation. Would recommend looking into it. Very intense year but worth it. Program director is nice but serious as well, can tell this program means a lot to him. If you're looking into mainly implant related surgeries, I'd take a peek at The Foundry in Bessemer AL. I just emailed the PD to set up shadowing dates.
Any idea how to schedule a tour for a few days at the program. I emailed the pd but no reply.

I would also recommend the GPR at Augusta (I think they just got a new PD, so the experience might be changing) and the SLC VA for what you're looking for. Sending you a pm.

hi I have been looking into saltlake city va as well but no reply from pd. Iv reached out a few times. Any idea how to schedule a tour of the clinic. Id love to visit there.

hi I have been looking into saltlake city va as well but no reply from pd. Iv reached out a few times. Any idea how to schedule a tour of the clinic. Id love to visit there.
did you also send me a pm. I did not see it.

I also emailed to setup a visit with no reply. I finally got a reply after calling, and then was ghosted again to setup a date. Dr. Douglas was also rude on the phone. That was a couple months ago now and that experience actually made me lose interest in the program all together. I figure if I’m stressed trying to setup a simple visit, imagine being a resident there??? But glad I am not the only one who had trouble.

This might be helpful.