Program-Specific Info / Q's Samuel Merritt OT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkl2489

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an invitation for an admissions interview at Samuel Merritt?

Members don't see this ad.

No :( did you? I wonder why they're taking so long to respond:cautious:

Unfortunately, I haven't yet either. The possible delay may be because they had extended their admissions deadline from Nov 1st to Nov 18th. Hopefully soon they will start getting invites out :)

Members don't see this ad :)
aww that could be true, but I guess I figured if my app was good enough they would've offered me an interview by now? Being that they probably extended the deadline because they didn't have a lot of applicants? hmm I hate waiting though! Where else have you applied? Have you had any other interviews yet? :)

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an invitation for Jan 11. I will most likely decline because I am almost 100% certain I will be attending WashU.

Oh, when did you receive your invitation for an interview?

According to the email's time stamp 12/9 @ 3:11 pm PST

I just received an invitation for an interview, but will be declining as I will be attending SJSU next fall.

I received an invitation on dec. 9, for a January 11 interview. I will be declining this interview though because I've decided to attend Nova. Good luck!

Application submitted to OTCAS: 10/13
Application received/confirmed by SMU: 10/30
Application status update (complete): 11/19
Interview Notification: 12/11
Interview: 1/11

I just received a call from them regarding an interview on 1/11. Just wondering for those of you who have received calls, where and what time did they say your interview was at? Also what did the email contain? I'm just confused on why I received a call in lieu of a email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an interview invitation for the 1/25?

I got an interview for 1/11 at 12p.m., anyone else received one as well?

I got an interview for 1/11 at 12p.m., anyone else received one as well?
When did you get the invite? I am wondering if they are done sending or still sending out invites. I don't want to lose hope. I still haven't heard anything. I tried calling today but it went to voicemail. Good luck everyone who has interviews this weekend. :)

When did you get the invite? I am wondering if they are done sending or still sending out invites. I don't want to lose hope. I still haven't heard anything. I tried calling today but it went to voicemail. Good luck everyone who has interviews this weekend. :)

I have not heard anything from Samuel Merritt as well and am very curious if they are still sending interview invites. I haven't received a decline so perhaps there is still hope~

I got an email on Dec. 11. I THINK there's only 2 interview dates (according to their website). So I'm guessing the other one is on 1/25. Where else have you guys applied to? Goodluck, I hope you hear from them soon :happy:

hello. I called Rosa about 2 weeks ago, and she mentioned that if you haven't heard anything after 1/25 then most likely you have been denied admission. She also said Samuel Merritt can contact you for interview invitation up until the week of (1/25). Has anyone heard from them regarding invitation for 1/25/14 interview? Good Luck!

In that case, has anyone heard from SM yet? :nailbiting:

Make sure to contact Rosa if you haven't heard anything back. I did not hear anything back and assumed I was denied. My fiance insisted I call. I called found out that the addres they had on file was incorrect (my fault) and I was schedule to come that weekend. I had two days to prepare which was not ideal but I still got in.

Make sure to contact Rosa if you haven't heard anything back. I did not hear anything back and assumed I was denied. My fiance insisted I call. I called found out that the addres they had on file was incorrect (my fault) and I was schedule to come that weekend. I had two days to prepare which was not ideal but I still got in.

Your address? I thought they e-mail you to let you know if you got in? How long were you waiting for them to notify you?

Hey everyone! I got a call from Rosa yesterday notifying me that I got in!!! Best of luck to everyone else :)

I have, but I am on the wait list. Have you had any other offers from schools?

I have, but I am on the wait list. Have you had any other offers from schools?

I see. Good luck! I've heard that the wait list can move up to 10 spots since maybe applicants choose to go to other programs instead. I haven't heard back from other schools except SJSU, which I got rejected from.

Oh I see. :) Thank you! Congrats on your acceptance btw! What other schools have you applied to?

Oh I see. :) Thank you! Congrats on your acceptance btw! What other schools have you applied to?

Thanks!! I also applied to Dominican University, USC, and University of Utah. I withdrew my application from Utah this morning though since I don't want to go out of state (I live in the Bay Area).