Samuel Merritt Fall 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think anyone should worry if you didn't get emails similar to the recent emails others have received. It really depends who handles your application.

why do you think that?

Members don't see this ad.

why do you think that?
I'm assuming they have few people looking at large groups of applications.

I'm comparing it to another school I'm applying to. Talked to admissions and their DPT program have the smallest staff compared to other grad programs on campus. So people are receiving emails different times. Unless everyone got the "next phase" email from SMU, at the same time (mine was 11/20).

I can only assume and hope for the best.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
December is the month! Hopefully we hear back in the next 20 days or so. Good luck to all.

Idk if it means anything. I hope, however, its good. I am just very excited about attending the program. I love everything about it.

I hope next week we start hearing back so I can finally breath :):):).

same here. I don't know if that means my application will be rejected or something else

Reactions: 1 user
Idk if it means anything. I hope, however, its good. I am just very excited about attending the program. I love everything about it.

I hope next week we start hearing back so I can finally breath :):):).

Every time I see an updated comment on this thread I automatically think someone received an acceptance haha

Hopefully we hear back by next week cause the wait is killing me!

Reactions: 1 users
I didn’t get the email that my application is in the next phase. Does it mean that I got rejected?

I’m just curious how some people got it but some don’t ‍

Members don't see this ad :)

Good point. IDK, try not to come to such negative conclusion and stay positive. A buddy of mine didn't get the email but got a different email stating that they are reviewing his application. I believe it's based on who is reviewing your application.

Last edited:

I wouldn't worry about a rejection until it's set in stone. You have to consider a lot of factors that can come into play with an email some people got and others didn't. But I wouldn't even waste my energy on that. Best of luck.

has anyone heard back yet?

I was hoping it was going to be today. If not, should be next week since people from previous years heard back around the 14/15th. Fingers crossed for everyone! SMU is definitely my top choice.

Can you guys share why SMU is one of your top choices? I've seen it a couple times in different threads. I know about how great their DPM program is because my girlfriend got an offer from them but the living cost in NorCal and the tuition helped her decide to stay down here in SoCal.

Congratulations who got accepted today!

Im still waiting...

I’m super anxious because I haven’t gotten anything at all.... like just give me an acceptance or rejection plsssss lol just need some type of response other than the one we got a month ago

Do you think all the calls have been made already since someone got the call an hour ago already?

I’m sure they are going down the list and still have a lot of calls to make. Crossing fingers for the next couple hours.

I just got a phone call right now! Got accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 7 users
So 3 people been accepted from this thread!!! So excited for you all

It will be our turn soon enough!

I wonder if the calls are based off on last names or qualifications? Or maybe just a random list of accepted applicants

Last edited:
It will be our turn soon enough!

I wonder if the calls are based off on last names or qualifications? Or maybe just a random list of accepted applicants
I was wondering the same thing, hopefully they're going by last name? (So there's still hope)

Who else is just staring at their phone waiting for Kasie’s call? Anyone know if they call people on the wait list too?

I'm guessing the people who received the email about their application moving onto the next stage are the ones who are either going to be accepted or waitlisted

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

I'm guessing the people who received the email about their application moving onto the next stage are the ones who are either going to be accepted or waitlisted

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

Did you receive an email about application moving forward?