Sample Exam Error?

nameht

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just going over the official sample exam answers and was just wondering if they made an error in the ochem section

untitledqm1.jpg

The answer in the answer key says C, however doesnt free radical bromination occur fastest with tertiary carbons? (making the answer A?)

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, you're right! Makes you wonder how many errors are on the real test??

There is also at least one other error in the ochem section. I don't remember which number but it's the question about hybridization of a Nitrogen atom with 2 sigma and 2 pi bonds (or something like that).

What is the hybridization of a nitrogen atom if it forms two σ two π bonds?
A. sp
B. sp2
C. sp3
D. sp3d2

they also have a physics question wrong as well

A 12-volt battery with an internal resistance of 1-Ω resistor. Which of the following is the current in amperes that flows in the circuit.
A. 4
B. 3
C. 9
D. 12
E. 48

They say the answer is B, but clearly it is D

Yep, you're right on that physics question too.

However, the one about hybridization should actually be sp.
It would look like this. =N=
Or it could have a triple bond on one side and a single bond on the other side, either way, it would only be sp.

Good luck with your studies!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I read this post 2 days ago!! I was about to pull my hair out about #85 because it looked blatently wrong! lol

Holy cow. Its amazing that i've forgotten all of my ochem in the last 4 years. Apparently most of physics too.

So I definately spent an hour trying to figure out how the answer for the physics question (12V battery) was B. 3 when, no matter how I manipulated the formula I kept getting D. 12.

The same thing goes for #85 in the ochem section. I'm glad this got cleared up because I thought I was losing it, ha.