Salus University/Pennsylvania College of Optometry - Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VisionPre-doc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted into PCO, and am wondering if anybody else on this forum is attending their first year this fall? I'm beyond excited to have chosen Salus, and can't wait to meet my classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats VisionPre-doc on your acceptance to Salus!! I am currently a first year OD student at Salus, so feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I look forward to meeting you in the Fall.

I just got accepted into PCO, and am wondering if anybody else on this forum is attending their first year this fall? I'm beyond excited to have chosen Salus, and can't wait to meet my classmates!
I am most likely enrolling in PCO in the fall as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on getting in, enjoy your 4 years of schooling because I can guarantee you, you won't enjoy much of practising optometry after

congrats on getting in, enjoy your 4 years of schooling because I can guarantee you, you won't enjoy much of practising optometry after
I think that response is subjective. I love vision therapy and work with a doctor that had four offices and loves what he does.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that response is subjective. I love vision therapy and work with a doctor that had four offices and loves what he does.
Here's a stone cold truth, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

You're a woman. You're married to someone who is financially stable. You will inevitably settle for a low paying part time job (thus contributing to the problem of depreciating the monetary value of an optometrists skills) when the stork comes calling. Remind me to laugh at you after you finish school and settle for a 300-400 per diem wage being a refraction monkey.

You're a woman. You're married to someone who is financially stable. You will inevitably settle for a low paying part time job (thus contributing to the problem of depreciating the monetary value of an optometrists skills) when the stork comes calling. Remind me to laugh at you after you finish school and settle for a 300-400 per diem wage being a refraction monkey.
Yes I will be working part time and that is why many women go into optometry as well. I know optometrists that are business ortiented and make 1 million dollars. It al has to do how you invest your money and where you can want to go with optometry. Now, I really don't care about making good money. I went into optometry because I enjoy the field. I am extremely happy as long as I have good and a roof on top of my head. I learned to live and be happy even in poor conditions. God bless

Excuse me, but that is an absolutely misogynist response. Who are you to dictate that female OD's cannot have high-paying and fulfilling careers? As an OD student, many of my greatest role models are female OD's who work both FULL-TIME and have a family life. I also have no intention of being a refraction-monkey. However I see no problems in those who wish to spend the majority of their time refracting. That is a personal decision that each person makes. I am very sorry that you are not content with your profession or field, but there are people out there that actually are.