Sallie Mae- Good Lender?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarlyEditionDude

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are taking loans through Sallie Mae, how are they? Do they charge orgination/gurantee fees? Have repayment benefits? Etc.

What other loans did you guys look at?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a Sallie Mae Signature loan. The interest rates and fees vary depending on your credit. Interest rates start at prime + 0% and go all the way up to prime + 9.85%. Fees can be charged at disbursement and repayment periods and range from 0-6%.
I'm not really sure about any other types of loans, but I think Sallie Mae is probably comparable to anything else.

I want to bump this thread because I'm also interested in loans. If Sallie Mae isnt' good...can anyone suggest another one? Thanks!

~Pam

Members don't see this ad :)
Sallie Mae is the federal lender for student loans issued through private banks. I've never had any problems with them.

Access Group and THE (Total Higher Education) both offer 0% origination fees. According to the financial aid thread, they are both reputable and easy to work with.

Best loan available is the Citi-assist signature loan. No fees no nothing...just exactly what you take out is what you get and the interest rates are similar to the others