Saint Luke's Roosevelt program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorgirl_2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

got an invite from the last week but have no idea about the program! Their website is not helpful and scutwork.com doesn't have any info!!

can anyone help me out? Thanks.

And, why did you apply?

And, why did you apply?

is it just me, or does the above sound a little accusatory? i wasn't aware it was a prerequisite to have to know a lot about a program before you could apply...

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have heard, the program is overall pretty good. Good subsidized housing (VERY important in NYC), affiliation with Columbia, and good case mix. Drawbacks are hours are on the longer side without the prestige of names like Cornell or Columbia on the resume. Again, it is affiliated with Columbia, but I think that is more of a formality.

If you want to be in NYC, it's worth checking out. I can't emphasize the housing enough - we've all seen the stories about astronomical cost of living in this area.

fwiw, i ranked this program very low during my match cycle. the only thing good i saw my interview day was the resident housing, which was a couple of blocks from columbus circle/sw central park/hell's kitchen.

(from scutwork.com, not verified yet)

[A SPECIAL NOTE TO APPLICANTS: AS OF MAY 2006, THE CHAIRMAN DR. THYS HAS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT HE WILL BE STEPPING DOWN AS CHAIRMAN. THE DEPARTMENT MAY NOT VOLUNTEER THIS INFORMATION. SO THIS PROGRAM'S ADMINISTRATION WILL BE CHANGING IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS. THIS WILL NOT LIKELY AFFECT THE THE CURRENT RESIDENTS. HOWEVER THIS IS OF SPECIAL INTEREST TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE CONCERNED THAT THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN A STATE OF FLUX WHILE THE ADMINISTRATION SORTS OUT WHO WILL TAKE OVER THE CHAIRMAN POSITION. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS WHEN DECIDING YOUR MATCH LIST.]