Sacred Heart Vs. Touro (NYC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ciaoblla3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I've just been accepted to SHU DPT 2012.. I was hoping if any of you would be willing to share some experiences with me (those who have attended or those who have heard about the program) how the program was. and anything you would be willing to offer, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Touro's program in NYC the tuition and location is ideal (though I really liked SHU and I've actually not had an interview at Touro or visited the campus-- yet, I still got in, which is a lil' weird..) so I have a lot to think about within the next 3 weeks so ANYTHING would help. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I would also choose sacred heart. Solid program. I live in NYC and don't know too much about Tuoros program. Haven't heard good nor bad....both are private schools so that's a wash. Cost of living is much less in Fairfield than in NYC. NYC is better though! (I applied to SHU a few years back and liked their program at that time).

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask why you guys chose Sacred Heart over Touro. I got accepted to a couple of schools and chose Touro because of location, price, class schedule and the fact that they give two degrees.

I got accepted without interviewing also. I went and visited the school and the facilities do not look too great. I can't help but wonder if I made the wrong decision.

I got accepted to NYIT and I thought it seems like a good school but the tuition is a lot higher.

Is there something about Touro that I do not know?

Thanks Minny! Sorry I called you a faker..even though you are

Lol, ciao!

Didn't even recognize it was you. Congrats on SHU and the others. Wait, did you already tell me this???

I just did not like what I saw when i visited Touro. Admissions without an interview? IDK i thought something seemed fishy there. The facilities were gross, it looked like they were running an underground business. The departments had no labels on the doors, it was printed on computer paper with times new roman font...i am not trying to pressure anyone in either direction - i just was far from impressed in comparison to other facilities and faculty at different schools. it seemed like a very unprofessional place, and i cant see how they can attract prestigious faculty in that setting..