RxPrep quizzes scores and passing the NAPLEX exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharmacist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been studying from the RxPrep book and working on the quiz bank online. My average quizzes scores range from 50's to 80's. ( Overall average mid 60's with calculations, ID, and diabetes being on the upper range).

In terms of generic-brand names, do you think you need to know more than the top 400 drugs?
How did you score on average on RxPrep Quizzes prior to taking the NAPLEX exam? Please share whether you passed or not? This information would help me to assess my readiness for the NAPLEX exam. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I got low 90's on my calculations/biostats stuff in RXprep. I was averaging between 50-80 on the chaper quizzes. Scored low 60s on the cummulative exam, or whatever it's called. Passed the naplex by a wide margin lol

Hey!

I've been in your shoes a couple months ago, so here are my two cents to ease your anxiety!

When I did the quizzes, my first average scores ranged anywhere from 50%-80%. Usually, after I read through the section, it was 66%ish, which isn't too impressive. On the Rxprep website, it says to re-review if you score less than like 70/80ish, so I knew I was in trouble. Before the Naplex, I redid some of the quizzes and I did better than the first time. If I was still in the 70s, I would do them once more to make sure it was close to 80/90% and review also! And some chapters, I let go cuz I really didn't care too much about pulmonary hypertension or Alzheimers:/

As far as brand/generic, I did Rxprep's 300 and the indication quiz. Right before the exam, I missed one question, so I felt ok going into the Naplex exam. And honestly, if they're gonna give me some random brand I've never heard of, it's not the end of the world. It's a couple questions out of 250 so I was ok with that. On the exam itself, I had one brand name I didn't know of but that was it. Answer to your best of abilities and make an educated guess when not sure, but don't dread the exam cuz you're afraid of missing one question. I think that mentally def helped me and hope that helps you as well!

Reactions: 1 user