RWJMS vs NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miaprgase0512

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I am having trouble deciding between the two Rutgers schools, RWJMS and NJMS. I was fortunately selected to be a humanism fellow at NJMS and will also be getting the associated scholarship, but I'm not sure about living in Newark for at least one year and I was looking for a completely pass/fail system. I've put together some of the main pros and cons I have for each.

NJMS
Pros: scholarship and humanism fellowship, great clinical exposure, located near NYC/other good places to live off campus, good NIH funding, good affiliated hospitals that I have worked in before

Cons: location, 180 apartments are expensive, kinda run down, and did not get to meet or interact with that many students if anyone can comment on that

RWJMS
Pros: better location, nicer facilities, also has good hospitals and matches, really liked the faculty and students on interview day, pass/fail

Cons: did not get the scholarship, not attached to the hospital, unsure if I'll get comparable clinical experience

If someone can comment on their experiences, that would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.