RVUs in urology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md_doc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide some insight what is a typical amount of RVUs a full time urologist can obtain monthly/annually? And if you can provider the number of patients seen on average per day and number of cases done per week to reach the number of RVUs?

Also what is a decent conversion factor (i.e. $$ per RVU) in urology?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone provide some insight what is a typical amount of RVUs a full time urologist can obtain monthly/annually? And if you can provider the number of patients seen on average per day and number of cases done per week to reach the number of RVUs?

Also what is a decent conversion factor (i.e. $$ per RVU) in urology?

MGM 65th percentile for wRVU is about 8900, so that should give you some idea of what would be attainable. I have generally seen conversion rates in the northeast in the low $50s give or take a few bucks. This will vary geographically.

Thanks for that information. So to reach ~8900 rvus...any idea as to how many patients a day a urologist must be seeing? And how many cases a week? I'm assuming that number is for someone working 5 days a week.