RVUCOM vs NEOMED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soapysoup

Reaction score
I live in Colorado and and an avid outdoors girl so would love to stay here, but so hard to give up MD. I don’t want to live in Ohio, but it is what it is.
I also might want derm or surgery, so DO is scary for that
help?

Members don't see this ad.

Always go MD > DO if you're unsure of whether you want to go into a competitive specialty or not, you will just have an easier time due to the overall stigma that still exists in residency programs, especially with dermatology.

Also, NEOMED is a fantastic school.

Always go MD > DO if you're unsure of whether you want to go into a competitive specialty or not, you will just have an easier time due to the overall stigma that still exists in residency programs, especially with dermatology.

Also, NEOMED is a fantastic school.
Thank you so much, why do you say it’s a fanatasitc school? I agree just REALLY curious as to your reasons! I can’t imagine living in Ohio
Do you know if it’s pass/fail?
Virtual or required in person lecture?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much, why do you say it’s a fanatasitc school? I agree just REALLY curious as to your reasons! I can’t imagine living in Ohio
Do you know if it’s pass/fail?
Virtual or required in person lecture?
I am aware that they have certain mandatory lectures and they have a "H/HP/P/F" curriculum. I currently have a friend that is at NEOMED. Although it is not the most desirable location in the world, they are affiliated with good programs such as the Cleveland Clinic (from what I remember) so you will be able to match into residency programs in more desirable locations.

You can become a surgeon as a D.O without issue. Derm will probably not be an option for you if you go to RVUCOM. Keep in mind most schools only match a very small amount into derm regardless of MD rank.

Personally, I really dislike the NEOMED area as there is absolutely nothing out there. Ohio also just generally sucks. I had IIs to both of these schools and would always choose RVUCOM over NEOMED. My preferences for speciality differs from yours, and I have a wife who realistically couldn’t find her job out in the NEOMED sticks.

Reactions: 1 user
I am aware that they have certain mandatory lectures and they have a "H/HP/P/F" curriculum. I currently have a friend that is at NEOMED. Although it is not the most desirable location in the world, they are affiliated with good programs such as the Cleveland Clinic (from what I remember) so you will be able to match into residency programs in more desirable locations.
Thank you, if your friend is willing to talk to me please let me know and I’ll pm you my number
Do you say its fantastic just cuz of the residency placement or other reasons?

Don’t live in either state but trying to choose between NEOMED and Morehouse. I want to do surgery. What do you think?

Don’t live in either state but trying to choose between NEOMED and Morehouse. I want to do surgery. What do you think?
Make your own thread lol, follow the sticky guidelines. I’m in favor of Morehouse though.

NEOMED if you want to do derm or surgery, for reference, look at the match rate of MD vs DOs for gen surgery

Reactions: 1 users
NEO. You can live in colorado for residency and the rest of your life.

Reactions: 3 users
I live in Colorado and and an avid outdoors girl so would love to stay here, but so hard to give up MD. I don’t want to live in Ohio, but it is what it is.
help?
Med school is over in a flash, but the consequences drag on for decades. Play the long game, go MD.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
NEOMED if you want to do derm or surgery, for reference, look at the match rate of MD vs DOs for gen surgery

The plastics numbers alone are convincing enough, look at that^^. Go MD. There are MDs who match every year who simply would not have matched if they had a DO or IMG status behind their name.

Thank you all so much. I’m grateful to be in this position but these decisions are so hard, they change the arc of my whole life!

help?
Highly expensive, for profit DO school vs a decent MD school. My kid's pediatrician went to NEOCOM.
Going MD will open more doors for you.