This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dholboy007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope all is well and everyone's applications are going smoothly! I was hoping someone could provide some insight on the Rutgers Newark DPT Interview. I was granted an interview for this Friday, Nov. 20th and want to be as prepared as possible so any questions I should expect or anything else of the sort would be great! Also, this may be a stretch but is anyone aware of how much your numbers (GPA, GRE, etc.) affect your chances after already being granted an interview? I would imagine that your numbers are what decide whether you get an interview or not, and then from there, the interview itself is the biggest determining factor. Any help? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hope all is well and everyone's applications are going smoothly! I was hoping someone could provide some insight on the Rutgers Newark DPT Interview. I was granted an interview for this Friday, Nov. 20th and want to be as prepared as possible so any questions I should expect or anything else of the sort would be great! Also, this may be a stretch but is anyone aware of how much your numbers (GPA, GRE, etc.) affect your chances after already being granted an interview? I would imagine that your numbers are what decide whether you get an interview or not, and then from there, the interview itself is the biggest determining factor. Any help? Thanks in advance!

Hey! Congrats on getting an interview! I interviewed at RU Newark last month. The interview was super laid back, its 1 on 1, and you'll get to speak with a member of the faculty. Mine was mostly conversational, lasted about 20 minutes. I got some out of the box questions like, what would page 247 of your 400 page autobiography say? If you had unlimited resources, what part of the world would you travel to, to learn a skill from that place? You are working as a PT aide, and when you ask your boss for feedback on your performance, he says "No new is good news for you." How do you react/handle this situation?

Overall, it was really relaxed. I was so nervous the night before and tried preparing for all types of questions, but honestly my advice for you is to just be yourself! Everyone is very nice and you'll get to meet some of the first years and get a tour of the school and the labs.

Hope this helped! Good luck on Friday!

Hey! Congrats on getting an interview! I interviewed at RU Newark last month. The interview was super laid back, its 1 on 1, and you'll get to speak with a member of the faculty. Mine was mostly conversational, lasted about 20 minutes. I got some out of the box questions like, what would page 247 of your 400 page autobiography say? If you had unlimited resources, what part of the world would you travel to, to learn a skill from that place? You are working as a PT aide, and when you ask your boss for feedback on your performance, he says "No new is good news for you." How do you react/handle this situation?

Overall, it was really relaxed. I was so nervous the night before and tried preparing for all types of questions, but honestly my advice for you is to just be yourself! Everyone is very nice and you'll get to meet some of the first years and get a tour of the school and the labs.

Hope this helped! Good luck on Friday!

Wow, this was great! Rutgers Newark is my top choice so I'm really hoping all goes well. Thank you so much and best of luck to you in your journey to PT school!!

Hello! I was just wondering whether anyone knows what the Rutgers Newark (North campus) DPT interview is like? I have my interview coming up and I would appreciate any and all tips, suggestions, FAQ's by the interviewer, or any information in general about the interview!